"My sister lives with them, I left centuries ago," Belial said, not knowing what his beloved was getting at.

"You have a sister?!" Aleks asked a tad louder than before.

Belial nodded.

"I want to get to know her," his heart said with a serious expression. He had assumed that Belial had no relatives because he had never mentioned them. Now he simply nonchalantly dropped such a bombshell.

"Now?" Belial asked, confused.

"Yes, now or tomorrow. We will pay them a visit tomorrow. I want to meet my in-laws and sister-in-law," Aleks said in a firm voice.

"Parents-in-law? Sister-in-law?" Belial was not familiar with these terms, and he looked at his angel in confusion.

Aleks explained it to him and Belial nodded.

"Well, then I'll send a raven to announce us," Belial said, getting up to do so. He didn't know why his mate was so eager to get to know his family, but if it made Aleks happy.

In the evening in bed, Aleks snuggled up to him as usual. "What are your parents and sister like?" he asked his demon.

"My father is a Leviathan like me, who had served under the Prince of Hell, Leviathan, before Astaroth overthrew him. My mother is a Sylph demon with an attachment to the element of lightning, which is very rare."

"Your parents are both men?" Aleks asked.

Belial nodded.

Fascinating. The fact that same-sex couples could also have children had been on Aleks' mind for a while. "Then you got that lightning ability from your mother? Are you half Sylph then?" Aleks asked curiously.

"No, I'm actually a pure Leviathan. As a rule, children of interracial unions have only one race – one that dominates, even if they can inherit certain traits from the other. It is rather rare for a half-breed to emerge. These half-breeds are more powerful than us pure ones, as they carry the power of two races. So you're a rarity, Aleks," Belial explained.

"I see. Are there any other half-breeds like me?"

Belial pondered. "Astaroth is a half-breed, although his second half is not known. Other than Zack, I can't think of anyone else," he admitted.

Wow, so I'm an exception as always...

"My father is rather calm and level-headed, very similar to me. My mother, on the other hand, is cheerful and lively, although you shouldn't underestimate him. They have been happily bonded for more than two thousand years."

"And what's your sister like?" Aleks asked excitedly.

Belial grimaced. "She's... normal. She is also a Leviathan, but has not inherited the lightning connection. She has taken over my father's forge and makes weapons with him."

Aleks couldn't help but grin. Did his demon not get along with his sister? He will see it tomorrow. He couldn't wait to finally meet her. His heart was pounding with excitement.

"So, now everything is in place," Nero said, checking again the armor that protected Aleks' belly. Several wards and obfuscations were incorporated into it, so that Aleks' child was protected and no one knew about his pregnancy, not even Belial's parents. The metal was forged extra-thin and not visible under the top.