Chapter 13

Society was relieved that the leader of the Shie Hisaikai group had been captured by the heroes and that their base was taken over, but the very next morning the news of Overhaul's death spread throughout the country. How did he die? Who killed him? The bigger question was who could've gone into Tartarus, killed Overhaul and came out without being noticed.
Well said person was currently in the UA faculty room in a meeting with the other teachers. Apparently Aizawa wasn't the only one who took note of Izuku's gradual change and curious behavior. Now that they had seen what he could do it was only plausible that they'd suspect him of killing Overhaul.
"So let me get this straight. You suspect me of killing Overhaul" Izuku asked looking around. They all nodded and Nezu spoke up.
"While it may seem a good thing. UA cannot tolerate students committing murder - even for the sake of justice. And from what we've seen you're the only person in the world we know of that is capable of such a feat. If anyone can infiltrate Tartarus it's you Izuku" he finished with a hard look.
"He did alot of bad things. He tortured that little girl, what makes you think he won't do worse the moment he gets out of there?" Izuku asked getting serious.
"And what makes you think murder is the way to go about it?" Aizawa asked.
"I've seen it. You've seen it. We've all seen it. For decades the process of catching villains and throwing them behind bars has failed us. More and more fall into crime because they know there are no consequences. These people need to know that they can't go scot free from the crimes they've committed! From the people they've killed! I want peace in this world. And if one has to die for a thousand to live then so be it" Izuku said glaring at them.
"You understand what this means right? You are actively going against the heroes ... What makes you any more different from the villains you've killed?" Nezu asked.
"I never said I was different from them, but someone has to do something. I became a hero to do exactly that, even if the world sees me as a villain, even if my friends come to hate me, for society to know peace someone has to make the sacrifice ... and I'm that person"
Nezu looked down and sighed.
"I'm sorry Izuku, but you've left us no other choice. Come in officers" he said motioning towards the door. On cue police officers busted in and surrounded Izuku.
"I'm getting arrested?" he asked not too surprised.
"You've committed crimes against the people you've taken the lives of. The Kamisama family, the Shie Hisaikai, Overhaul, and many others. It's too much" Nezu said as they placed cuffs on him. Much to their surprise Izuku let them without struggle.
He was led out until he stopped by his class.
"Sensei what's going on? Why is Midoriya in cuffs?" Momo asked.
The others came out to see what was happening.
"Izuku Midoriya is under arrest for the mass murder of the Kamisama family, Kai Chisaki, the Shie Hisaikai, and others" Aizawa said shocking the class.
"I-i-it's a joke right? Midoriya ... Are they telling the truth?" Jirou asked.
"I was ordered to. It had to be done" Izuku replied looking at her.
"Had to be done?! You killed people! I know they were evil, and that it was an order, but heroes don't do that!" Kirishima said in disappointment.
"Like I said. You wouldn't understand. I won't hold anything against you if you hate me now, I was only keeping you from being the ones to go through this. Someone has to make the sacrifice ... and that someone is me. Goodbye" he said as the officers dragged him away.
"Why would he do something so terrible?" Uraraka asked.
"I knew he was hiding something but this ..." Tokoyami said looking down.
'What the hell nerd?' Bakugo thought looking out the window.

-
The trip to Tartarus was eerily quiet and Izuku said nothing despite the numerous questions hurled at him.
Aizawa tried to get anything from him but he kept mute. Eventually they arrived and Izuku was put in his cell.
"This place isn't too bad" Izuku thought to himself.
"Prisoner Midoriya. You have visitors" the warden said opening his door. Izuku walked out to the visiting area - albeit in restraints to see his mother in tears waiting for him.
"Izuku ... Why? Why would you do such a thing? I thought you wanted to be a hero?" she asked sobbing.
Izuku looked down.
"I am being a hero ... in my own way. I told you this, I'd do anything for a better society, even if it meant taking a life. It was something I prepared myself for, because heroes are human. There is a limit to what they can do, and realistically a better society can't come without lives being lost. For the rest to live ... some have to die. I'm really sorry that I've put you through this mom, I really am ... but you should stop worrying about me" he said looking her in the eye.
"Izuku ... I'm sorry too. I'm sorry that I can't do anything to help you, I really am. And in my eyes, you're still a hero ... you'll always be" Inko said smiling at him.
"Times up! The prisoner should get back to his cell" the intercom barked.
Izuku got up and began to walk away.
"Izuku ... I'm proud of you" Inko said leaving. He smiled up at the ceiling and walked off.
In his cell he couldn't sleep. This was the beginning of a pretty boring life.
"Man I'm bored" he sighed turning to face the walls which were plain white concrete.
"Could've used something more secure than concrete" he said to himself as he drifted off into his thoughts.
A couple of days had passed since Izuku had been arrested and his classmates took it quite hard. There was a clear divide in the class. Part thought Izuku deserved to be in jail for his crimes and the other sympathized with him. He may have done bad things, but they were all for a good reason. Bakugo was the most conflicted of all the students. He had just started to understand Izuku - or so he thought, and then this happened. He couldn't bring himself to believe that Izuku was just a fanatic preaching absolute justice. There had to be a reason he was doing this.

-
Izuku was sitting out in the cafeteria alone eating his food - or at least what they believed to be food anyways until someone sat next to him.
"Didn't think a UA first year student would be incarcerated to the most secure prison in the world" a lady with two toned hair said.
"You'd be surprised, after all not all is as it seems" Izuku said playing with his sludge. The woman raised an eyebrow at this.
"What does that mean?" she asked.
"Lady Nagant. Real name Kaina Tsutsumi. Prisoner in Tartarus for 8 years, arrested for the murder of the former commissioner of the Hero Safety Commission" Izuku said absentmindedly.
"How do you know all that?" she asked getting serious. Izuku turned to her with a small smirk.
"You're my mission. We're getting you out of here"