Chap 15 : Help

Nari is waiting for Orean in the road. She jumps up the stump of a tree upon seeing him.

Orean frown.

"I am not here to make a scene. I...I just want your help."

"I can't help you."

"Ren, at least we are past lovers. Just help me out."

"What do you want?"

Nari takes a deep breath.

"Do...do you know any job in town where I can work? I..I'm not making trouble, I promise. But I don't want to keep living like this but I'm just a widowed woman with nowhere to go. I don't want to get sick like the girl's in the brothel." She sobs but she didn't step forward to cling on Ren or act coy.

Orean frown.

"I don't know any job and if I help you it'll just become troublesome to explain to my wife."

"I can tell him! I will go and beg him to forgive me. I promise I will never get near you again. Just help me out."

"You can try it if it works. I'll be going to town with the chief so If I find a job hiring, I'll inform you but to get hired, you have to rely on yourself."

"Yes. Yes! Thanks."She wipes her tears and walks away.

Orean walks to the Village Chief house but on his way he meets his mother and brother.

"Mom, I'll go to the town and I might not be back tonight. Dylan, you take care of the house."

Dylan nods.

"Yes, brother. Take care."

"Son, take care."

Orean nods and leaves.

Thany watches the back of her son.

"It's really not my imagination. Your brother looks like a different person now. If I met him in the crowd I may not be able to find him."

"Really? He looks the same."

Dylan said honestly.

"This is for the better." Thany said, sighing.

"You will soon study. Don't betray your brother's trust. I don't think you can become a General but if you become smarter and stronger you will be able to help your brother.

"I know, Mother."

"Your brother told me if you wanted to get married, it's up to you. And if you want to focus on studying I shouldn't force you. Well, it's all up to you to decide."

Dylan flatten his lips.

He really doesn't have any opinion.

He is just like water being swayed wherever he wants.

His mother smacks his back.

"Don't you understand? You have to learn to decide for yourself! All these years, me and your brother told you what to do, it all ends now. You have to have your own ideas and opinions. It was my fault too, why did you grow up like this? You can't even say you like sweet food. I treated you badly."

She said softly as they walked.

Dylan keeps shaking his lowered head saying nothing.

Thany also didn't expect him to say anything.

"Dylan, forgive mother for being too partial. It was hard on you,son."

Dylan wipes his eyes with his sleeves.

Thany also feels emotional. Both mother and son walk home. One is looking up holding the tears and one looking down rubbing his eyes with his sleeves.

The Village Chief and Orean went to the government to buy the land. But it is already late so they are asked to return early tomorrow.

Orean invited the village chief to rest in an inn and they ate in a restaurant.

The next morning they woke up very early and went to the government office. There are 4 officials who will go to their village and check the land he wanted to buy and its exact square meter.

Usually these kinds of purchases will take a long time to be approved. They still need to check what it'll be used for and how the money for purchase was obtained and their background. Because having so much land property can result in many conflicts not only with the villagers but with the vision of the King for agriculture so buying fertile land has strict rules. Fertile lands should be planted and there is tax to pay in the government every year and if you don't plant the land for 3 consecutive months.

Instead of walking. Orean hires a cow carriage back to the village. The four officials work fast. The magistrate personally asks them to help Orean's purchase and they don't want to assume if Orean and the Magistrate have a connection but this is the first time the magistrate personally helps a land buyer.

Orean went home for a bit.

"Cook some snacks and let Dylan bring it to tje field for the officials to eat. Buy some watermelon and cool it in the river too. Let the kids watch it." He said.

"I'll buy and watch it. The children are practicing calligraphy." Thany volunteer

"Okay, Mom. Buy the sweetest. Buy two so we can have some at home too."

"Okay." She hurriedly left.

Orean takes out a piece of paper.

It's a modern paper. And give it to Matt.

"This is a cake recipe. It has ingredients you can use in this world. Just followed the process. It won't be as good in the drawing but it'll still be something to amaze people here." He whispers.

"This is from your world?" Matt also said whispering.

"Yeah. I can buy a few more recipes for you later."

"How do you obtain this?"

"Money. I used money to buy these. Anyways it's not from this world. But I'm sure you'll be able to recreate them."

Matt hugs the paper. He looks at Orean determined. "Thank you."

"What's there to thank between us?"

Matt blushes.

"Um..Okay go. I'l tell Dylan to help carry the food later. Should I go too?"

"Dylan alone can carry these. You still have a lot to plan. Don't worry about my side."

"Hm.."

Matt watches Orean walk to the door, stop and go back to kiss his lips.

"Goodbye kiss."

Matt facw flushed again but he smiles at him to show his attitude toward the kiss.

Orean shyly retracted and went out.

A/N:

Me giving an ugly pouty kiss : CHU♡
Hahhahahah