Chap 10: Important

Vana looks at the back of her father after he gives him two small boxes.

Vana snorts.

'What is he planning now?'

She angrily hides the two boxes under the bed.

It's best not to take that monster's gifts.

She sat on the bed angrily.

But soon she was curious what the monster gave her. 

She already knows that her father doesn't love her. He will never give her something good.

"It must be something weird." She murmurs as she crawls under the bed. She opened the box meant for her and there is a beautiful ribbon. She immediately closed it. 

"No. I don't like this!" She pushes it away. She sat down on the bed. She can't accept what the monster is giving her!

He is a monster who makes their daddy cry and try to sell his brother. And he hates her. She can't like anything that came from him!

Determined, she try to sleep, forgetting about the beautiful ribbon under the bed.

But she is so conscious that she can't sleep.

She went outside to make her forget.

"Vana, are you already fine? Go back and sleep some more." Matt is so busy today but the smile hasn't left his face yet.

Vana frowns.

"I am fine now,Daddy. Daddy, you look so tired. Can I help?"

Matt smiles and rubs her head.

"Daddy is fine. Look, your brother is helping me."

"That is right. You go back and sleep." Tris said.

"I don't want to sleep." She said frowning.

Matt shakes his head helplessly.

"Okay, you go outside. Your father is making a small box so don't bother him."

"Okay." She looks guilty. She wonders if she should give that monster gift to daddy. But that monster will just use the gift to deceive their daddy!

She went outside.

Orean is making a small box to put the ginseng in.

He looks at the little girl glaring at him.

He felt it was funny.

"Why are you glaring at me? You don't like the ribbon I chose?"

"What ribbon? I don't know anything." She sneers and looks away.

Orean raises a brow.

"Oh."

Vana angrily stomps her feet. She is rarely able to talk to the monster. Every Time she tries to act lovely, he will push her away or shout at her. She just stopped wanting to be loved.

Orean ignores her. They really can't have a common topic anyways. But he is surprised that she speaks so fluently. Not like any other 4 year old he knows.

(Not that he knows many 4 year olds).

"Why are you making a box?" Vana asks curiously.

"I'll put something important inside."

Orean answered.

Vana starts crying.

"How evil are you? You'll put brother in a box!"

Orean, who is confused about the water works, suddenly bursts into laughter.

Orean laughs and Vana cries.