Chapter 7 : Miserable Life

Tris appears after his father and Uncle leave. He watches them carefully before he leaves his room. He dreamt about his miserable life after being sold. He was shipped to the capital. He was good looking and many rich people adore him. He was able to have a comfortable life thanks to the young miss who likes to play with him. But when they grow old, the young miss become betrothed and many things change.

He doesn't understand it at first but the way the young miss looks at him makes his body shiver.

He never thinks of the young miss as a woman. To him, she is a good employer and a kind person. But to her it seems like they have a relationship. She kisses him and hugs him and he is like a puppet who lets her do what she wants. Ofcourse they or 'she' never crosses the line. But after marriage, she still wants to bring him with her to her husband's house. The young miss is always lonely, her husband is almost never home.

One night, there was a mistake. And he....he slept with his young miss's husband! He is actually a Ger disguised as a man.

It was an accident for him to discover it. And he thought he would kill him. But it started to become passionate between them. They cross the line. And he was able to impregnate him. But in the end he was caught by the miss and was beheaded. That man will be very sad when he returns. He hopes their child will grow up to be a good person.

After crying, he wakes up in the arms of his father.

He was very emotional.

He doesn't know what happened but this time he wasn't sold away.

He clenched his fist.

His life here and not here is miserable but he still wants to protect his mother and little sister. He was sent so far away and wasn't able to know what happened. Thanks to that man he learned that his father died due to an illness and his sister was also sold to a brothel. When that man tried to find her, he was already dead.

He hopes his father dies! Since young he was always scared of his father and in his heart he hopes he dies.

But his prayers have never been answered.

'What's the difference? What happened that changed that bastard's mind?' Tris frowns.

He looks at his daddy and sister. He felt warm and sad. What happened to them to deserve this family?

He went to the kitchen to cook so his dad can sleep a bit longer.

There is not much food left in the kitchen. He clenched his fist. If that 'bastard' just buys food for them they won't be in this state. He can still earn a few silvers a month doing errands in the town. Yet he sent all his money to alcohol and his mistress! What's more infuriating is that the mistress is selling herself to everybody else too as he plays with his father!

Yet he cherished her more than his fateful dad.

He cooks the remaining grain into a rice porridge. There were some wild vegetables left so he stir-fried them. The salt is almost finished. There is no more oil. How can they survive the winter like this?

He is so angry that he almost vomits blood.

He hears commotion outside.

When he sees so many people coming to their house he becomes scared.

It's like he remembers how many people rush to capture him and behead him.

His body trembles.

Dylan insists on helping. He learns how to butcher pigs too. And with his physique, he is even better than Ren.

Orean lets him do it. It's not like he wants to make Dylam into a delicate man. He just warned him not to put pressure on his injured leg.

The people lined up to buy the meat. After it was cleaned by Dylan.

He chopped the meat beautifully. He smiles so happily looking at the pile of meat.

Orean thinks it is funny so instead of just one pig, he lets him chop the other one.

Everyone brings their own bowl and basket.

Orean weigh the meat for those that help him first. They all look happy. They thought since Ren is not a good person, the remaining meat that nobody wants will be their payment. Even those will be alright for them since carrying a pig is not that hard of a task.

But Orean didn't do that and even let them choose what part they wanted and let them be the first to buy what part they wanted. They all become energetic when Orean remove most of the bones and let them get all the meat and fat. It takes a while before everyone leaves their front yard.

Orean then faces the inquiring face of Tris.

Tris flinched.

They are staring at each other's eyes.

"What are you staring at me for? The people already left, call your grandmother and your dad."

The two barricade themselves inside when they see so many people in their front yard. He didn't force them to get out.

Tris frowns and turns around.

"Big brother. I'll clean this pig next. Are we selling them to the town?

Even though it wasn't his money, looking at the pile of coins in the metal basin makes him happy.

"No. You clean it first and let your brother-in-law tell you what cut he wants. This will be our food."

"What? We will eat this fat pig?!" Dylan is so scared he almost shouted. This is really making him scared over and over again.

Orean shakes his head.

"Didn't I tell you I'll feed you until you have stuff you want to vomit?" He teases him.

Dylan is speechless. He usually doesn't pay attention to what his brother tells him, if he does he will just be hurt. But it seems he really did say he will make him eat until he bursts.

He blushes.

A/N:

I'm eating sopas.