~ Thirteen

~~~

In the end, Spider-man got one hell of an ass-beating. He still won thanks to his AI deactivating the robot, but it really looked like the other guy had an upper hand in combat.

You stood up as landed in front of you. His suit was still in one piece but it glitched. There must be plenty of wounds underneath.

"He certainly did a number on you." You stated and walked up to him. He was slightly hunched over with a hand on his other arm.

"Really?" He sarcastically replied before grunting in pain. You reach out a hand to help him but he raises his own to stop you. "Don't worry about it."

"I'm not worrying. Just because you're a hero, doesn't mean you can't ask for help." He tried to avoid the frown on your face.

"I don't need the help. Let me take you home."

You raised a brow at him before sighing, "Fine. Take me back to my car. I left my stuff there."

After skimming over the collapsed freeway, you found your car laying on a pile of rubble. Spider-man brought you to the car and you reached through the window of the backseat to find your bags.

Your purse was a little dirtied up, but no damage was done. As for the perfume you just bought, it was in perfect state. "Nice." You walked to Spider-man, holding your things and nodding to him.

"Lavender?"

"The smell eases stress and improves sleep. Try it." You sprayed a little on your wrist and neared it to where his nose probably was.

He softly grabbed your wrist and sniffed it for a moment. "Smells good. It's really relaxing."

"Alright now take me home." You snatched your arm back.

"Okay, okay, grab on."

~~~

He finally reached your apartment and drops your right outside the front door of the building.

"It was nice to meet y-"

"Who said you were going anywhere?" You interrupted him.

"I said I didn't need help." He placed his hands on his hips, trying to convince you.

"That's too bad. Come on." You turned away and walked up to the door to place your hand on it. It scanned your handprint and once it saw that you were a resident, it let you in. You didn't bother to see if he was following, since you already knew he can't say no.

He followed you down the halls before reaching your door.

You enter through your front door. Spider-man comes in after you and closes the door behind him. Afterwards, he takes in the view of your apartment.

It looked comfortable. It wasn't too cramped and not too empty. Everything was organized and even matched every other item in the home.

"Sit over on the couch." He quietly listened while you went to find your first aid kit. You came back and sat next to him, looking at his suit and pretending not to know anything about what it's made of.

"Can you, like, remove a certain part of your suit? Since it's like a screen."

"Yeah, which part?"

"Let's see your arm."

The clothing around his right arm disappears while the rest of the suit was still intact. There was a large gash just below the side of his shoulder.

"How do you have a wound when the suit has no openings?" You dug through your kit and got to work stitching it up. He didn't seem too bothered by the needle piercing his skin, so you continued.