Prologue

~~~

The sky had lost its baby blue hue. Street lights turned on and the sidewalks were practically empty. The perfect time for a burglary.

Of course, many people are more alert at this time. The night is where burglary is at it's highest. Barely anybody is active.

Your eyes lit up. Nothing got you as excited as the sight of diamonds did. Currently, you were in a closed jewelry shop. Earlier that day you couldn't ignore the beautiful red mineral that your favorite company advertised. They were basically asking you to steal it.

The only issue was the heavy array of security. Lasers, plates, cameras. Yet it was nothing that you couldn't get through. Using your high tech watch, you hacked the cameras and disabled them for the time being. This was all a piece of cake to you.

Two minutes was all you had. If the cameras sensed an inch of motion, then authorities will be on their way. Worse if it's some super hero.

Quickly stepping into action, you observed the lasers and plates before you. If you're detected by a laser, you're doomed. If you step on a plate, you're doomed. You had to be quick and decisive...

With a flexible body and a cunning mind like yours, what's the hurry?

Not wanting to waste time, you clicked a button on your watch, cloaking your entire body with invisibility. You jumped on the walls and used them to boost you to the other end, where the diamond was.

You landed on top of the glass box where the diamond was cased in. Crouching down, you used one of your claws to carve a circle in the side of the glass and tap it to make a piece fall off. The piece left a hole big enough to reach the diamond and take it out.

You brought the diamond up to your eye level. It's red glimmer was stunning and you could look at it for days with no end. The red reminded you of a particular hero that recently came to existence.

Spider-man was a name that the whole city has heard of by now. Everyone admired the man for his heroic acts. He prevented ladies from getting their purses stolen and saved lives when it came to villains endangering others. Women wanted to be with him while men wanted to be him.

You had never met him, but he sounded... interesting. A masked man with the abilities of a spider. So many spoke about him and you're curiosity grew and grew the more you heard about him.

The thought of wanting to meet that hero gave you an idea. Since the crime-rate is at its highest at this time of day, would Spider-man be out and about right now?

There was only one way to find out.

You turned off your invisibility cloak and moved around, letting all the lasers and plates touch you and notice your presence.

Not even a second later the lights flashed on and an alarm sounded. The noise pained your ears, but you ignored it and waited for someone to arrive.

A few seconds passed and your patience began to run thin. Authorities were taking a little too long to get here, so you decided to step out of the building through the front doors with the diamond in a pouch on your hip.

With the use of the grappling hooks hidden in the fur on your wrists, you swung yourself onto a building. Your heightened senses lead you to hear a gust of wind coming your way.

He was here.

You leaped to the side before a tall and muscular man came to tackle you from above. Pressing a button, you turned invisible again.

Spider-man saw you go invisible and muttered a 'what?' under his breath. You swiftly moved behind him and attacked him, revealing yourself. Your heel came into contact with the back of his knees causing him to fall forward and you held him in a tight chokehold. He was surprised by your strength based of off the noise he made.