~ Three

~~~

"So why didn't you become a hero like me?" After a moment of unbearable silence, he finally spoke. This question made you laugh a little. You already had just the answer for that

"Just because I'm like you doesn't mean I want to be you." He raised a brow, seeming offended.

"Is that an insult?"

"Maybe."

"Wow, thanks." He replied sarcastically.

Continuing, you said, "They're my powers. I can do whatever I want with them. It's not my problem to try and take down villains. I'm only helping you right now because I despise Isaac L/N"

"There's more to just taking down villains. Don't you want to rescue people? It's all about saving lives when it comes to being a hero. You've got so much potential."

You scoffed at his comment, "I couldn't save the person I loved the most if I tried. Trust me Spider-man, not everyone can be as great as you."

Before he could retaliate, you ended the conversation there for the night.

"Unfortunately, it's getting kind of late. Look for me tomorrow night, Spidey. We'll talk about this then, okay?" You wrapped your arms around his neck and pecked him on the cheek while on your tippy toes. Your stomach kept bugging you and it was about time that you leave. Dinner had passed long ago.

"And how am I supposed to find you?"

"How you always do." You let go of him and stepped back.

"Hijo de puta... Alright," he said. For once, he didn't try to apprehend you or send you to jail. Instead he let you go. He's probably realized by now that you're a harmless cat burglar. Plus, you would be a good help into taking down Isaac L/N.

"Don't miss me!"

Since your grappling hooks were broken, you had to carry yourself up using pipes and rails to get to the rooftops. It wasn't hard, but it would be much more efficient and easy with your gadgets.

Once you left, Spider-man sighed, removing his mask and rubbing his face.

To him, you seemed like a simple low-life who does nothing but rob people who have loads of money. It wasn't right to steal but you weren't a villain who would harm a child. It still irked him to the bone that he has yet to even catch you.

But today... Today was different. You had connections to one of the biggest criminals in the city. And talking about the topic seemed to lower your guard down just the tiniest bit... and it was just enough.

"Lyla." his AI assistant appeared in a hologram. The said girl appeared, wearing her signature white coat and heart glasses.

"Yeah?"

"Find me info on Black Cat's history with Isaac L/N."

"Gotcha."

He watched her disappear in an instant, putting his mask back on. He had a feeling that she was hiding something. If she won't tell him, then he'll find out himself.

~~~

You found yourself at your base. Not necessarily your home, but the place you hang at as Black Cat. It held all your gear, technology, and work when it came to being a burglar. The base was located at the secret wing of an indoor sports complex and was as big as a two story house. It's risky, but the sports complex is the same place you work at to coach for ice skating as well as volleyball.

You never left a single trace of your civilian identity in the base, and to make things safer, you changed your name from Y/N L/N to Y/N Parker. The last name belonged to your mother who is... no longer in the picture.

Sitting at your workbench located in the center of the room, you removed your grappling hooks from your fur cuffs. You had to rip them off with your raw strength since they were too smushed together to simply snap off. Based off of the state they were in, they were beyond repair. Some pieces were salvageable to use in the future, so you made sure to preserve those.

"Well shit," looking at yourself in the mirror, there was a large bruise that vaguely was in the shape of a hand on your neck. You knew it was gonna be bad, but not so bad that you could notice it from a mile away. Julius was something else when it came to combat. He was always better at you in that aspect. But never did he ever make you feel an inch fear.

Finally, you decided to end the day with a nice hot bowl of instant ramen. All your energy was gone, so you couldn't bring yourself to cook up something from scratch. There was only one entrance and exit, which is through one of the elevators of the sports complex.

The elevator is only accessible to staff, and you tweaked it so that if it scans your ID, it will take you to your base.

You left your base in your casual clothing, storing your suit in a glass case. There was a spare suit in your home, in case you have no time to go all the way to the sports complex to change.

The sports complex was closed, but thanks to Arlo, the security system was shut down as you left the building.

Walking home was... boring. There was really nothing interesting to look at from down below besides the cute lights people set up on the streets. But even that can get boring when you see them so often.

The second you got home, you showered and hit the bed no matter how wet your hair was. You were exhausted and had to replenish all your energy.

The next day is gonna be fun.

~~~

Kinda boring chapter but I swear things will get interesting

I've only taken one year of Spanish, so feel free to correct me on anything

Thanks for reading :)