six.

Jeongguk paced around his living room back and forth, the sound of the clock in the kitchen echoed around the entire first floor. It was 12 am and Taehyung was not back even though the boy had said he'd return at night.

Jeongguk debated calling the police, but he knew that would draw too much public attention to him and ruin his reputation so he decided to wait a little longer.

His head shot up when knocking came from the front door. Immediately he rushed over and yanked it open, dark eyes falling onto the shivering boy ahead of him who had his eyes casted down.

"Where have you been?!" Jeongguk asked, unable to control his anger.

Taehyung looked up with an annoyed face and displayed his red eyes and dilated pupils, "What's it to you? Are you trying to be some sort of controlling toxic husband?"

"Don't call me that." Jeongguk spat at the boy, "Your eyes- are you on drugs right now?"

"No," Taehyung hastily replied and looked down again. He stepped forward and attempted to walk past Jeongguk who grabbed his arm gently, "Dojt grab me!"

"Stop yelling. Did you take something?" Jeongguk asked in a more serious tone. He was in complete disbelief that someone so young would do such a thing, and so act so shamelessly.

"Yeah. I did."

"What the fuck Taehyung?" Jeongguk scrunched up his eyebrows, "You've just been here for a day and-"

"I don't wanna hear it."

"You can't do this kind of stuff anymore. Not while you're living with me and not after the public finds out you're my fiancé either," Jeongguk frowned at the boy who roughly shoved him off and stepped away from him.

"Stop forcing your stupid reputation bullshit onto me and go find a new soulmate," Taehyung spat at him and rushed towards the stairs instead.

Jeongguk watched him storm to his room with a frustrated expression. He was confused, angry and concerned at the same time. He wondered why Taehyung would do such a thing, and also felt angry that he now had to deal with it.

Taehyung slammed his door shut and twisted the lock on the door knob. He stumbled towards his bed that had his unpacked backpack beside it. There wasn't much in it, but he had what he needed.

His long boney fingers reached for the front pocket that had much smaller items, stuff that would get over the shame and anger he was feeling. A small plastic bag of powder was pulled out along with a pocket knife he always had on him.

I can't believe I let him see me like this. I'm so pathetic. Taehyung thought to himself as he made his way over to a wall and sat down on a random spot. It's fine, he'll kick me out like everyone sooner or later.

Taehyung opened up the small bag and poured a desired amount onto his palm. He sniffled before leaning down and snorting the powder with ease. It took a few minutes before his heart beat began to pick up and mind feel out control.

He felt dissociated which helped ease the shame he was feeling, but the anger was still there. On the same arm, he pressed a razor against himself.

Jeongguk laid against his bed and winced, holding onto his headache which was beginning to worsen. He attempted to massage his temples but that never worked for him, especially since it was in a specific area of his head he couldn't exactly massage.

He rolled over to his bedside table and picked up his migraine medication, popping one in his mouth quickly and swallowing it down with water. The pills never worked, but it was all he had so he never stopped taking them.

I shouldn't have reacted that way, he must clearly be going through something. Jeongguk began to feel a type of guilt that would keep you awake until something resolved it. So, he decided to go check up on Taehyung and apologise for his reaction.

He wasn't sure on how he should react, because it's not an everyday thing to witness someone you know do drugs. It was unexpected and worrying, so he reacted in every possible way than calm.

The floorboards creaked as he neared Taehyung's door and stopped when he arrived. He gently knocked on the boys door and waited for it to open.

"Taehyung, are you okay?" Jeongguk asked the boy, but received no answer. He attempted to unlock the door, but it wouldn't budge and he was left worried again.

He just stepped away defeated and decided to return to his room. All he could do was hope that Taehyung was alright and would be awake by tomorrow.

Maybe he's just asleep.

Short chap cus they aren't that close yet so no taekook moments 🥹 also idk if it's just me but I don't hate jk and I'm not mad at him either

What do you think of his character?

He reacted in a very human way cus it's not a first Instinct to turn all caring and mature but rather to freak out 🤔 he also cares somewhat even though he doesn't like tae and wants to try work thru it BUTTtt he also cares too much about himself I think