02

The next morning Emberlynn woke up being squished by her brother and Jared

The next morning Emberlynn woke up being squished by her brother and Jared. "Get off me fat asses your heavy." Ember yelled pushing the two in the floor causing them to groan awake in pain. "Good that's what you deserve." She stated before rushing into the kitchen at the smell of breakfast "Good morning mom" the girl spoke softly kissing her mom on the cheek. Gen smiled at her child "Good morning Ember, did you sleep well?"  The woman asked turning to her daughter and removing some hair from her face causing the younger girl to smile softly at her mothers touch. "I did until I woke up being squished." Ember replied gently. Gen just smile kissing her daughter's forehead before going back and cooking. "Do you need any help?" She asked causing her mother to shake her head no.  The two countinued to talk until Paul walked into the kitchen. "Good morning mom." Paul said gently kissing his mother's head causing her to also smile at her sweet son. "Good morning Paul." The mother replied back as the boy went and kissed the top of his sister's head. "Em, You hanging out with me and the boys today?" Paul asked causing his sister to shake her head. "I can't until later in the afternoon. I'm hanging with Jake, Quil, and Embry at the beach." She explained causing Paul to groan. It wasn't that he didn't like the younger boys because Embry was practically his cousin since Genevieve took him in, It's just he wanted to spend time with his sister since he's been at his dads the past couple weeks. "Ok movie night just you and me?" The girl nodded before kissing his cheek and rushing upstairs to get ready. The boy turned to his mother and seen the worry on her face. He knew it had to do with his sister turning 16. Paul knew about his mother figures witch genes and the women had explained to the oldest that a week before Emberlynn hit 16 she would start to develop her powers. "She'll be ok mom, She has us to help her." He stated gently pulling her into a side hug. Gen sighed "I know but when it happens she isn't going to take it well." Paul just nodded rubbing his hand up and down his mothers arm, Smiling when his little sister rushed into the kitchen with Jared chasing after her from where she pounced on him when she came back downstairs. "Emberlynn Grace I'm going to get you." Jared exclaimed as he rushed into the kitchen causing the girl to laugh and us her brother as a human shield. Paul just rolled his eyes at the two. "Why is it when you to play around I'm the shield?" Emberlynn looked at her brother with a mischievous gleam in her eyes. "Because your my big brother and you always protect me." She answered the rhetorical question causing everyone's heart to melt at that statement. Anyone who knew the siblings know that Emberlynn has always looked up to her brother as if he was a super hero. People also knew That Paul Lahote would hurt someone in a heartbeat if they messed with his sister. Paul snapped out of his daze went he's sister push him into Jared and rush to go get Sam up next only to squeal and laugh when she was caught in a pair of arms belonging to her oldest honorary brother. Sam had saw what was going on and figured he would have most likely been the girls next target so he decided to stay hidden until she headed back to the living room. "Now where are you heading Emmy?" Sam asked only to receive laughter from the young girl. Sam shakes his head at the girl before carrying her over to the bar stool and placing her down like she were a child causing her to huff. Emberlynn maybe almost 16 but she had her childish moments. Sam laughed softly causing the girls eyes to light up. You barely ever got the Sam Uley to ever laugh and to know she was one of the people that could do it always made her happy. She looked up at him making him notice that happy gleam in her eye he just smiled softly kissing her head. Sam and Jared may not have been the girl biological brothers but they've been around enough that she considers them brothers. Sam was another one of the kids Genevieve raised because of the boys home life, which is why he would babysit Emberlynn anytime Genevieve needed him to.
"Alright kids, Enough playing breakfast is ready." Genevieve stated causing all the younger ones head to snap toward her. They all loved Genevieve's cooking which is another reason they we're always over. The family all sat down and started eating having small conversations here and there just enjoying the moment before everything chances for the worse.

 The family all sat down and started eating having small conversations here and there just enjoying the moment before everything chances for the worse