Chapter 5

The memories start to pour in as I open my eyes accompanied by a heavy pounding in my head. Why did I even go to that stupid party? Why did I drink? Who was that guy? Where the hell was Jackson and Lizzie?  I'm forced away from my thought as I roll over the bed and puke on the floor. I wipe my mouth and look around. There's sun shining through the black out curtains and a faint smell of cigarette smoke. What time is it? How long did I sleep for? I sit up and stumble to my feet. "I've got to find something to clean this up." I say rummaging through the small, messy brown room.

Wait a damn minute...where am I? How did I get here?  I hear a door open in the hallway. I run back to the bed and throw the blanket I was sleeping with over my date-rape drug induced puke.
There's a gentle knock at the door as it cracks open. "Hey, how are you feeling? Are you okay? Do you need anything?" Miles says walking towards me unsure if he should come in. "I'm okay. I've got a headache. I could use some water? And maybe carpet cleaner?" I say sheepishly.
"Carpet cleaner? Did you get sick?" Miles says panicked. I nod and he cleans my mess up my mess with out even thinking twice. "Have you thought about if you want to go to the police?" He asks as he's scrubbing my bile from his bedroom carpet.
"Yeah, I don't think I will. My mom would kill me and everyone else if she found out." I say shifting my weight anxiously from foot to foot. "Well honestly Daniel deserves it. But, I understand. You're secret is safe with me."  He says giving me a kind smile. I give him a nod thanking him. I really need a shower and some pain medicine. Where is my phone? The last place I remember having it was on the couch. "I need a ride back to that house." I blurt out. "Okay, um let me just get dressed and we'll head out."

We ride in awkward silence for a while. I look out the window at the wet fall day. This day matches my mood quite honestly. Dark warm colors cover the road and trees as well as the rain. I continue to look out the window until we pull into the he drive way. Red cups and debris fill the front yard. Mikes parks his car and says "Stay here I'll go find it. I don't want you going back in there after what happened." I agree and close my eyes. I think I dozed off because I'm awoken by the car door closing. "Here you go, you have a-lot of missed calls on there." "Shit, my mom and Jackson both called. "Can you take me to my friends Lizzie's  house?" Miles give me a small smile and agrees.

"Thank you again for....we'll everything."  I say as he pulls in to Lizzie's driveway. "You're welcome, I'm sorry I couldn't help you sooner....Here's my number....you know....if you need anything or if you need to talk about it." Miles hands me a small piece of paper with his name and number. I wave him off and head inside Lizzie's house. I walk in and lizzie and Jackson are on the couch watching a reality tv show.
Jackson jumps up and runs over to me saying "Baby! There you are! Did the cops end up arresting you? Where did you go?" I push him off say shout, "what the hell? Where was I? Where were you two?! You guys left me by myself at my first party."
"We.... I mean.. I was upstairs with friends." Jackson stumbles on his words. "Lizzie I told you to stay with her remember?" Jackson says facing lizzie. "I did! She went and got another drink and I went and talked to some people I know." She says her hands up in the air.
"You guys are terrible. I'm never going to another party again with you guys. I'm leaving." I huff and stomp out. I finally get home and luckily my mom is at work. I jump in the shower and relive the terrible moments of last night. I break down and cry for what feels like forever. The water is cold and my body is pruned. I'm not sure how long I've been in here. I haven't even washed myself yet. I quickly scrub the disgusting thoughts off myself and get dressed. I look at my phone when I get out and find a stupid text from Jackson reading "hey baby. I'm so sorry again. I didn't know you would be alone. Can we please talk? I need to know that we are ok. I don't want you to leave me right before prom. I love you xoxo."
I roll my eyes and throw my phone on the bed. If I didn't already cry all my tears out I would be crying now. I lay down and start to think about Miles. My literal knight and shining armor. My thoughts start to get a little hazy as I begin to doze off. I'm hoping I will awaken and this will be a terrible dream.