Chapter 28: Bonding time with Thorin...and the Valar...in Bard's bathroom

Start from the beginning

"Will they bring us luck?" a younger daughter asks. I giggle at them as the final dwarves leave the toilet. This causes the children to turn towards Sidel and I, in shock and wonder.

"Oh, Da! There are ladies too!" the younger girl yells in excitement. I smile down at her, wanting to give her a hug if only I did not smell disgusting. The older daughter now holds a look of confusion, probably over our presence in a company of men.

"Umm, Bard? Would it be any trouble for you to lead us to the bathroom? As much as I like smelling of fish, the cold is really starting to affect me," I address the man, holding back my shivers. He nods his head at me, gesturing me with his hand towards the other end of his house. We walk down a short corridor, turning right to find a simple wash-room, holding a sink and a bucket of water. I nod at him as he turns to leave.

I wash myself off with a rag, quickly, wishing for a bath the whole while. Nevertheless, I am happy to no longer smell of rotting fish and Laketown sewage. As I return the tunic over my head, a knock sounds on the door to the hallway. Turning about the open it, I see Thorin standing laxly on the other side. He smiles at me, stepping in only after I gesture. I pick up my stuff on the floor of the bathroom, only to stop in my tracks at a weird occurrence.

"Hmmm. That's strange..." I mutter to myself, unaware that Thorin has approached me from behind. His hand falls onto my cleaned waist, causing me to yelp and spin about to face my attacker. He raises his hands in surrender as I relax from my fighting stance. I shake my head at him, trying to get my heart back to its normal pace.

"What's strange?" he asks, returning his hand to my waist. It sends shivers up my spine, and I can only hope Thorin doesn't see his effect on me. And yet, I expect he does as he grins.

"My watch," I respond, trying to step away from the dwarf king, only to run into a wall. He chuckles at me, but stays where he is: one hand on my waist and the other at his side.

"Huh?" he mutters confused to my vague response.

"Well, you see. This watch was passed between the women of my family. It's an heirloom, per say. It never once faltered in its 'tick-tock' until Bree. After we left you to 'gather your troops' that night, I noticed the watch's stopped motion, its hands frozen on midnight. Knowing it was no use to have a broken watch on my wrist, I put it away to fix later," I respond to him. The hand resting to his side comes up, gesturing for me to continue my explanation.

"I haven't looked at it very often since then, but on the occasions that I did, it was still frozen in time. That was the case, until now...look!" I shove the watch into Thorin's face, quite childishly I must say. He grabs the watch, removing his hand from my waist in order to inspect it. For a few seconds he looks calm, until his eyebrows suddenly gather in confusion.

"That's right! It's counting time again, Thorin, only its hands are moving counterclockwise, backwards! It scares me, for it could be a sign, a count-down of such," I exclaim. Suddenly, the dream I had back in Rivendell comes back to the forefront of my mind: the blooming mountains, a crystallized creek, and the words of the bright lady. My voice cuts out as I remember the words, my task: save Durin.

Thorin seeing my panic, takes it upon himself to calm me down...by kissing me. Now, I am not complaining at his actions, but when you are trying to slow down someone's heart, kissing them is not the best idea. Nonetheless, Thorin's lips grasp onto my own, moving in sync as I succumb to the kiss. His hands burrow under my shirt, brushing up and down my spine in a rhythmic pattern. I grunt into his mouth, enjoying the moment in time. He takes that sound as a go-ahead to take my mouth with his tongue. It isn't much of a battle for dominance, as we all know who Thorin is.

Breaking away for a breath, I go to kissing down the dwarf king's neck, pulling at his beard with my teeth. He moans at my actions, his hands sliding down to grasp my behind. Before I know what is going on, Thorin lifts me up to straddle him as he leans into the bathroom wall. His mouth chases after mine, capturing it as we kiss passionately in Bard's bathroom. My hands tangle themselves in Thorin's silky hair, scratching at his neck in the process and pulling him even closer to me. One of his hands slides from my thigh to my chest, stopping at my breast. This only causes me to kiss him harder, my hands moving over his back in rhythmic circles.

As per the usual, our make-out session is called to a close at the hand of someone else. This time, however, it is not Kili, but someone I never expected to see in reality. I pull quickly away from Thorin, tumbling unceremoniously to the ground in an attempt to return to my previous composed state.

Five feet from Thorin and I, the woman from my dream stands, basked in the light of the midday sun. It is the Valar, standing in Bard's bathroom on a cold day in Laketown.

"Erudian Houdart, it is time to talk about his fate."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not too bad of a cliffhanger? The company's time in Laketown is going to be extended longer than in the movie...some stuff needs to be explained, in relation to the prophesy. I should have the next chapter up tomorrow, and then the following one, Thursday.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day, wherever you are!

xo

Patagonian