Chapter 32. History

Start from the beginning

And, as selfish as it may seem, it made me happy.

"Wah!" I was brought back to reality when Servan squeezed me between his arms. "That was scary!"

His eyes turned moist behind his round spectacles, and his whole face turned red from all the crying.

"You aren't hurt, right?" Servan looked at me from head to toe. "Sister, what did you do to anger the grand duke? He could've slain you right there!"

I clicked my tongue on him. He's so extra!

"W-Why are you getting mad at me? I saved your life! It looked like he was about to kill you!" Once again, he embraced me. "What would happen to your brother if you leave me behind like that?"

For the next few minutes, Servan bawled out and lectured me. Somehow, his brown hair and immature disposition reminded me of someone.

Yes. He reminded me of that person.

Princess Himari.

Ah, this is bad. I suddenly feel like crying.

"Wah, you have a scratch!" My brother folded his legs and took a closer look at my knee. "It must be when I pulled you down earlier. I'm sorry, Allari."

Servan gestured me to get down too, so I did.

"Why don't you try healing it yourself?"

My lips parted. Can I really do that?

"You can do it!" Servan encouraged me. He gently took my finger and placed it on my knee. "It's just a matter of visualizing. Think of magic particles scattered all over your body and imagine them gathering in one point, which is your finger."

I took his instruction seriously. I closed my eyes and visualized tiny particles of magic inside my body. I imagined moving them at my index finger.

To my surprise, a beam of light appeared from my finger and my scratch instantly healed upon contact. What the heck? Am I a magic genius?

"Good job!" Servan clapped his hand childishly, smiling. "As expected from my adorable sister!"

I stared at him. This guy... He's really nice.

Since I didn't have the capability to speak, I shyly plopped my head on his shoulder. My brother seemed clueless at first, but he still understood.

"Hehe," Servan patted my head. "You're welcome."

In my past two lives, I was an orphan. This kind of relationship was foreign to me, but it's not so bad.

"Anyway, the grand duke will only be staying here for a few days." Servan brought up to me. "Allari, let's try our best not to cause any trouble, okay?"

Right.

I thought it would be an emotional reunion, but Alistair greeted me with derision instead. He was on guard. From that, there are two possibilities.

One, that Rumi failed to deliver the letter, that's why he doesn't know that I'm the same person.

Two, that Rumi successfully handed him my letter but he doesn't buy it or worse, he believes that I'm an impersonator or a sorcerer of black magic.

Even though the former would have been more favorable, the latter seems more likely based on how he treated me with hostility earlier.

What am I supposed to do?

---

Eventually, I learned that the envoy whom the emperor sent out for a territorial inspection was actually Grand Duke Averill, that's why he's here.