Robbery... Again

This chapter is dedicated to chloefloyd because she's really helped me with this book so far :)

Nessa's pov.
We still had no equipment to work out who had stolen the serum.

Like Robin had said, this whole thing was kinda "Erudite-y".

Which made me and Callum realise... Dauntless may not have the right equipment for this, but Erudite did.

Okay, okay, before I go on, yes, we did know this was wrong. We were just... trying to help but instead we kinda made it worse.

So...

We snook out in the night and made our way to to Erudite HQ. Somehow - and I'm not quite sure how this even worked - we managed to get inside and make our way into the labs.

"What are you two doing here?"

We stood stone still. That voice was very familar.

Jeanine Matthews.

"Turn around!" she shouted at us.

Slowly, Callum and I turned around to face Jeanine. Her face was not angry, but calm and relaxed.

"I will repeat myself. What. Are. You. Doing. Here?"

"We've been sent from Dauntless to
collect some more fear landscape serum," Callum smoothly told Jeanine. "The rest has... gone missing."

"I was not informed of this," Jeanine said, confused.

"Oh you didn't get the message?" I asked. "Eric said he sent a message to you."

"No, I didn't get the message. This sounds strange to me. You're not lying, are you?"

"No!" we both cried.

"We'll just go into the labs. We've been told where the serum is kept," Callum said.

And before Jeanine could reply, we ran into the labs.

"Quick, grab a microscope!" Callum called to me.

"Where will we put it?!" I called back.

"I don't know!" Callum called.

I grabbed a microscope.

I ran to the door.

"Come on Callum!" I screamed.

By now, alarms were already going off.

Callum ran towards me and we sprinted out of the door.

"Robbers!" Jeanine screamed.

I grabbed Callum's arm and we ran as fast as we could.

Luckily we made it out quick enough so that Jeanine didn't catch us. When we got outside of the building, we stopped running and caught our breath.

"Well done," Callum panted, kissing me. "You were great."

"You were better," I replied, also panting. "You did most of the lying. All I did was grab a microscope and run."

"No, you made up the bit about Eric sending a message," he reminded me. "That made it seem more real."

"You always know how to make me feel better," I say, interlocking my hand in his.

"It's my job."