Chapter 30

"Come out", said Shubham and step out of the car.

Meera came out.

"Let's go..", said Shubham.

"No... I mean that I am not comfortable shopping here", said Meera hesitatingly.

"Why?", asked Shubham.

"I mean these big brands... I think that they make us fool. I mean what's the point in getting a normal cloth in Rs. 10000 from here when I can get the same in Rs. 200 only from the local shops..", said Meera.

Shubham laughs.

"Wow! I never think of it in this way. It's interesting but for now, do your shopping from here only. I will take you on street shopping some other day", said Shubham and held Meera's hand to take her inside the mall.

"Who thought that one-day Shubham Malhotra will go on shopping and will handle the tantrums?! Sir is also becoming joru ka gulam", the bodyguards were laughing and talking to each other.

"Hello, sir and mam. Please let us know how can we help you..", asked the staff.

"No. We don't want any help. Just leave us alone", said Shubham.

The staff left.

"You have 10 minutes. Take whatever you want", said Shubham.

Meera looked at him and then at her watch.

Meera took her steps forward slowly.
Shubham was observing her from behind.

This was the first time when Meera was in such an expensive brand store.
She was a little nervous.

Meera started her search for her perfect fit.

After searching for a while, a sudden glow appeared on her.

Shubham was noticing her every expression and move.

Meera took out a beautiful white colour top.
But before looking at the top, she looked at the price tag. The glow on her face disappeared after looking at the price tag.

Shubham goes near her and took that top from her hands.

"So this is finalized. We are taking this", said Shubham.

"No... I don't like this. Please keep it back", said Meera.

"Shshshsh! Continue your search. 10 minutes are over but I am giving you 5 minutes extra. And don't look at the price tag or else I will start shopping for you. And you better know that if I did shopping for you then half of this store will go empty", said Shubham looking straight into Meera's eyes.

Meera continues her search.

After 5 minutes, she came back with a  few more clothes and hand them over to Shubham.

"Done?", asked Shubham.

"Yes... All these will cost 55000.... My 2 months salary!...", said Meera looking down in a low voice.

Shubham laughed at her innocence.

"So you did all the calculations too. It's okay! I will manage this amount from your salary", said Shubham teasingly.

Meera looked at him shockingly.

Shubham was already looking at her.

Meera felt shy and she started looking somewhere else.

But Shubham's eyes were still stuck on her.

"Sir, should we go?", asked Shubham's bodyguard interrupting the budding eye lock.

"Yes.. we are coming", said Shubham looking at Meera.

Meera slowly turned her face again towards Shubham.

His eyes were still stuck on her.

"What?.....", asked Meera hesitatingly.

"Nothing. Should we leave?", asked Shubham.

"Yes...", said Meera hiding her glances from Shubham.

"Okay! Go...", said Shubham giving her space to leave.

Meera goes ahead looking down.

Shubham smiled a little and followed her.

Shubham was waiting outside the dressing room for Meera after completing the billing procedures.

His phone was constantly ringing in between.

"Meera, come out fast. I have important meetings", said Shubham.

Meera came out wearing the same white top and black colour formal pants.
Her high heels and dazzling earrings were glorifying her look more.
She was looking effortless and classy.

Shubham was surprised to see the innocent, naive, and cute Meera's gorgeous look.

Meera slowly took her steps towards Shubham.

"Is it okay?", asked Meera looking at herself in the mirror.

"Gorgeous!", replied Shubham within a second.

Meera looked at him embarrassingly.

"I mean that is it okay with respect to the environment at your office?", asked Meera.

"What do you mean?", asked Shubham confusingly.

"I mean when I came to your office for the first time for the interview. At that time I was wearing a kurti and some girls told me that my attire was not appropriate for wearing at the office. That's why I thought to wear something like this which will be good enough to match your office standards so that you don't feel insulted because of me....", said Meera.

Shubham was listening to her very carefully.

"Who were those girls?", asked Shubham.

Meera remembered that Shubham's assistant Tanya and his manager Kriti were also involved but she decided to not tell him this because of the obvious reasons.

"Those girls were there for the interview. I don't know them. And anyway, they were right at their place. I know that dressing doesn't define anyone but still, there are some norms and specific dress codes that should be followed at a specific place. Everyone at your office were looking very professional and focused and they all were dressed like this only. And I was looking odd among them that's why they told me", said Meera.

"Listen, I don't know about them. But remember one thing that the norms and dress codes are for them and not for you. Be the one who makes rules,  not the one who follows. This is your office, you can wear whatever you want and no one has dare to question you. You go, I am coming in a minute", said Shubham and left.

Meera left with the bodyguards.

Shubham's words were revolving in her mind when she heard a familiar voice.

"Meera! Hey!", said Rahul.

Rahul tries to come close to Meera but her bodyguards stopped him and was about to push him when Meera stopped them.

"Wait... don't push him", said Meera.

"Remember?", asked Rahul.

"Rahul Pandey?", asked Meera.

"Yes! Your school buddy. I thought that you will not recognize me", said Rahul.

"I was just a little confused. How are you?", asked Meera.

"I am good", said Rahul and forwarded his hand towards Meera for a handshake.

Shubham comes there.