Chapter 6

Meera - Yes, I am here.

Meera walks towards the interview corner nervously.

Everyone was looking at Meera.

"Who dress up like this for an interview ?", girls were talking to each other.

Meera - Good afternoon mam !

Kriti - Good afternoon.. Please be seated.

Meera - Thank you.

Kriti - See, I will not judge you for your dressing sense. But seriously can I ask you that why are you dressed up like this for an interview ?

Meera - Mam sorry to disappoint you but I think I am dressed up in a nice decent way. I am not in skirt or pant but that doesn't define my intelligence and my working spirit.

Kriti - You know miss that our boss, Shubham Malhotra will kick you out of the office if he will see you dressed up like bhenji for a receptionist interview.

Tanya comes there.

Meera - I am sorry mam but I didn't know that your boss works only with the girls in skirts.

Everyone was shocked listening Meera.

Kriti - You are fortunate that sir is busy in meeting or else he would have deal properly with you.
By the way, you can go now as you are not eligible for interview because we are looking for smart girls.

Meera - Okay mam..

Meera started leaving.

Tanya - Wait..

Meera turned.

Tanya - Wait a minute.

Kriti - What Tanya ?

Tanya - Listen to me, she is trying to be so smart.
Let Shubham sir deal with her, I mean it has been a long time since we have witnessed an intense drama.
What say ?, whispered in Kriti's ear.

Kriti - It will be fun !!, said excitedly grinning.

Tanya - Yes, Let's do this.

Kriti - Listen Meera, I think you are right. Dressing doesn't matter.
That's why I think you should meet Shubham sir.
He will take your interview so please wait until we call you for next interview.

Meera - Okay, Thank you so much, said happily.

Meera's eyes were shining like a star. She was so happy and nervous at the same time.
Happy because she has a gut feeling which was saying that she will qualify the interview and nervous because none other than Shubham Malhotra was going to take her interview.

"She is not even dressed nicely, How can she qualify the first round of interview ?", said girls to each other.

Shubham - Thank you so much Mr. Singhaniya. It was pleasure to meet you.

Mr. Singhaniya - Same from mine side too. It was nice meeting you and I hope it will be great to working with you too.

Shubham - Ofcourse !!

Mr. Singhaniya - Okay Mr. Malhotra, i am taking your leave. Hope we will meet soon for discussing work.

Shubham - yeah..very soon.

Shubham shakes hand with singhaniya.

Singhaniya leaves.

Shubham calls Tanya.

Tanya - May I come in sir.

Shubham - Yes, How is the interview going ?

Tanya - Sir, it's almost over and we have selected 10 final candidates for second round of interview.

Shubham - Okay, send them one by one to my cabin.

Tanya - Sir, actually..

Shubham - What ?

Tanya - Your mother had called when you were in the meeting.

Shubham - Okay leave now.

Tanya leaves.

Shubham calls Sunita.

Shubham - What now ?

Sunita - I hope you remember what I said to you last night.

Shubham - Yes, so what. Speak fast, I don't have time for your stupid conversations.

Sunita - So, come early tonight as I have called a girl and her family at dinner tonight for discussing your marriage with her.

Shubham - What ?
Have you lost it ?
I will..

Sunita - Remember, what will I do if you didn't agree for this marriage ?, asked smirking.

Shubham disconnected the call and smashed his phone on floor.

Shubham was losing it, he was sweating immensely.
He was fuming with rage.
Past blurry visions were coming again infront of his eyes.
To calm himself down, he had to take some anxiety relief medicine.

In interview area.

Tanya - Sir had called all the selected candidates to his cabin.

Kriti - Okay girls, so selected candidates will go one by one to Shubham sir cabin.

Girls were excited to meet Shubham but Meera was in another world, she was excited to see that happiness on her mother face when she will tell them that she has got job.

Tanya knocks on Shubham's cabin.

Shubham calm down himself to concentrate on work.

Shubham - Yes.

Tanya - Final candidates are here for interview.

Shubham - Okay, send them.

A candidate goes to his cabin but returns crying.

Tanya - What happened ?..Why are you crying ?

Girl - He is the worst person I have ever met. How can he treat me like this ?
He scolded me so badly.

Meera was scared now.

Meera - Please help me god, give me the strength to handle the devil inside the cabin.

Kriti - Sir is in bad mood, let's send Meera inside.

Tanya - Yes, said grinning.

Kriti - Meera Agrawal, it's your turn.

Meera - Mine ?

Kriti - Yes yours. Go inside fast.

Meera slowly walked towards the cabin gate.

She knocked at the door.

Meera - May I come in sir ?

Shubham - Yes.

Shubham turned to see Meera standing there.

Shubham - You ?