Chapter 46: Leaf Games

Start from the beginning

She rolled out of the way just as the chain plunged into the ground where her face had been moments before, tearing sand into the air like tiny needles. He dragged it through the desert, Sasha scrambling to get away from the blade as Leaf chased her.

He spun around when Yin charged him again, Bloodlust buzzing through the healer's blonde locks with ease, the Archbishop headbutting him to the ground, stepping away with his arms stretched out, openly challenging them.

"Seriously, how the fuck did you kill Rojo!? You guys fuckin' suck at this!" He laughed.

THWACK!

The Archbishop was knocked off his feet when Vao's headless body rushed him, his knuckles smashing against his face. Leaf tucked and rolled, jumping back to his feet, glaring at the dullahan. Vao's head was held in his opposite hand, his shoulders tensing for a fight.

"... You ain't human?"

"No, you daft wanker! My heart doesn't beat!"

"Good."

Vao blinked in confusion, watching as Leaf lifted his arms again, the wind beginning to roar. Sasha's eyes widened in horror, the elf screaming at her party.

"Get away from him!"

Vao scowled, breaking into a run. "Mum didn't raise a pissing melt!"

Yin caught on immediately, scrambling after his brother. "Vao, Leaf's the Archbishop! You're an undead Fae! Think, Vao! Think, you fucking idiot!"

Vao leapt into the air, his daggers drawn. Leaf's smirk widened, his eyes going bloodshot. "Didn't raise a pussy, but raised a fuckin' moron!"

And finally he clapped his hands together. The miracle swirled and sparked, pulsing through the air. Holy lightning smashed straight into Vao's chest, electricity jolting through his body. His lips opened into a shrill scream, his frame blasted away into the sky. Yin ran for Vao, staring down at his brother in terror. Burns crossed his body, the dullahan rolling in the sand.

"I-it hurts! I-it BLOODY hurts!"

Yin covered his mouth. He didn't know any offensive miracles. All he knew was healing miracles; it was the reason Vao was unfamiliar with being hurt by them. But Leaf was the Archbishop of the Church. He knew every miracle. And with Vao being undead, they hit him harder, taking him out of the fight even faster. The healer turned to the laughing killer, veins snaking their way up his red face, his hand grabbing his katana.

Sasha was down, and Verde was too weak to use her stronger spells that Leaf couldn't dodge. And with Vao trying to recover, that left only Yin capable of putting up a fight.

Not only did Leaf hurt Pip. He hurt others. And at this rate, he was beginning to suspect that he had something to do with Alice, too. If he was let go, he'd kill hundreds - no, thousands more.

He drew his katana, the blade glowing gold as he leapt forward, his blue eyes burning with fury. Katana smashed against chainsaw, sparks sizzling through the hot wind that howled around them. Leaf smirked victoriously, pushing Bloodlust against Yin's katana...

... But the chain did not eat through.

SLASH, SLASH, SLASH!

Leaf yelped in surprise, blocking Yin's blows in a startled panic. The Archbishop finally took notice of the golden glow of the eastern blade, his eyes narrowing.

"So it's you, then," he growled. "You're the one who controls Light..."

"You know about that?" Yin snarled. Leaf smirked.