DISCLAIMER

The book is the first part of The Birlas' series. It started of as a Fanfiction but I ensured that all bases are covered so that the people who don't watch the show can connect seamlessly. The story definitely has inspiration from the show but it's my story completely. The entire book is a fragment of my imagination except for the character names. Kindly rest assured that the story will have its essence intact irrespective of the names. So please look at it from that perspective. I mean no offence to the loyal viewers of the show and fans. It is my ode to my favourite character that inspired me to write. That's the reason, I kept the names intact even after treating the story like a Stand-alone one.

Everything you read is fictional and any resemblance to any person, place or situation is purely unintentional. I tried to be extremely sensitive while dealing with issues related to Court Proceedings, Medical Science, Trauma, Addiction and Abuse. Please note that I have taken creative liberties to enhance the drama quotient wherever necessary. Enjoy it like a good read and refrain from sensationalizing content because the intentions are pure.

 In case you find anything that is objectionable, kindly DM me and I shall respond promptly. Let's keep the discussion healthy and practice tolerance towards varied point of views. I will post a special disclaimer at the beginning of chapters that may need adult guidance. There are hardly a few of them. But I will suggest readers below 18 years of age to consult their parents before starting with this book.

Note: This book is slow paced as the entire story happens in a span of 6 days and has its merit in interpersonal relationships, their emotions and their conversations. Character development and graph is my priority and slow burn is my style. Everything happens at its own pace. Please be informed of that.

A little something about the title:

Ikshana (Sanskrit word) is a noun which means sight, care and superintendence but also refers to eye, sight, look, seeing, viewing, aspect, caring for, looking after, regarding.

For me, it represents perspective, supervision and care with respect to the story. I explore the situations from character's perspective and elaborate on guidance and care required to nurture young minds from a parent's point of view. The care with which the situations and people are handled is my main premise. Hence the title.

P.S: This is my first foray into fiction space with respect to books. I have been a professional writer and gave up on it for some personal reasons. It is a big step for me and I hope I will not disappoint anyone who gives my book a chance. I am open to suggestions and I will try my best to adhere to requests. Because the book is almost pre written, changes won't be possible but I can always consider the requests for future installments.

Have Your Tissues Ready!!

Happy Reading!!

Lots of loveManisha Krishna