Chapter 19

The sixth-year dormitory of Ravenclaw tower roared with excitement, as the young ladies scrambled to don their finest dress robes, hoping to impress their dates. I felt quite fortunate that my date was very much in love with me, and I him. There wasn't any pressure to impress anyone, I was filled with joy at the peace I felt. I felt a sense of calm getting ready amongst the chaos. The funny thing is, I hadn't even seen my own dress yet.

I pinned some extra crystals to my hairstyle, it seemed Ominis had enjoyed when I wore anything that glistened. I wanted him to experience as much as possible. No one could anticipate the joy that rushed through me when I opened my dress, finally.

The dress, it was heavenly. It had no heavy beadwork, instead it was constructed of the most flowy, glistening silverish blue ballgown. It was remarkable. I jumped into it and looked in the mirror. For the first time ever, I blushed at myself. I was beautiful. The gown was like a liquid in the way it caught the light as I twirled. It had pleated cap sleeves, and matching marabou feathers at the shoulder. It was sure to catch Ominis' eye.

I followed the distant sound of music down to the Great Hall, where the festivities were taking place. As I reached the Grand Staircase's exit for the Great Hall, I noticed Natty first, who was stunning in a fuschia gomesi gown. Then Poppy, who wore a traditional, yet simple canary yellow evening gown with puffed sleeves, and cascading ruffles at the hem.

As I furthered down the stairs, I noticed each turned to look at me, all beaming. Amit had his arm around Ominis' shoulder, and whispered to him and motioned his hands towards me. It appeared Amit was describing my appearance to Ominis. Ominis gleamed the more Amit spoke. I wondered if Ominis could see me at all in this dress.

I reached the bottom of the staircase.

"Agatha, YOU- ", Poppy started.

"Shh!", Natsai interrupted. "Let Ominis speak first."

Ominis I noticed, was wearing a cornflower blue velvet coat, and a crisp white shirt, with ruffles down the front. If I didn't know any better, I'd have thought he was a prince from somewhere. He was holding a black velvet box.

"Hello Aggie," Ominis said shyly.

"Hello Ominis," I replied.

"Words...can hardly describe.... how radiant you are."

"Thank you," I smiled.

"Could you turn around again?" Ominis took my hand and twirled me around. As my dress twirled, the fabric shimmered like a silver river.

"Gosh, Agatha, was this for me?", he said, his eyes wide like saucers.

"Well, I had the idea, from that day you described your sight to me amongst the hydrangeas, and your reaction at the party to the crystals in my hair. I wanted you to feel and see as much as possible. Thank the dressmaker, though. She's the one who made it happen."

"Ag, that's the most beautiful thing anyone's ever done for me.", Ominis' eyes were growing wet. Amit patted him on the back, as Ominis collected himself, and straightened up again.

"I erm, I got you something. It's small, but I hope you like it." Ominis handed the velvet box to me.

I cracked it open.

"Oh my gosh!" I gasped. Inside was a dreamy choker made of blue crystals, and teardrop moonstones. "Ominis, It's beautiful!"

Ominis reached over, and pecked me on the cheek, and took the choker out of the box. He strung it around my neck, as I admired the gems with my fingers. As Ominis clasped the necklace, he whispered, "Hopefully one of many more gems to come." "You are my treasure." and smiled. I turned towards him, planting a small but tender kiss on his lips. Once again, I was completely and utterly lost with him.

"Okay, that is enough! Very cute, but any more public displays of affection, I'd say you two would be better suited to take it back to the dorms." Amit playfully scolded.

Ominis pulled away, and looked at me, "He's right, come darling, we've got a ball to attend," he said, guiding me towards the rest of the group.