Chapter 6

As soon as Ominis and I walked up to my room, I quickly shut the door as he continued down the hall.

"What. In. Merlin's Name. Just. Happened?"

I frantically paced around my room. I decided to clean myself up, wash the sea out of my hair. Surely, that would help.

When I finished bathing, and changing into a nightgown, I felt slightly more at ease. I sauntered towards the bed lazily. I needed a night's sleep, then I'd feel like myself again.

That was what I thought, until I saw my bedroom owl had returned with a letter, it had a shiny red wax seal from Feldcroft.

I snatched the letter so quickly from the bird, I tore the corner and startled the owl.

"SKWAA!", the owl shrieked as I ravenously tore open the letter.

Agatha-

I'm well, thanks for asking. Anne could be better. The Ministry has forbidden me from further trying to cure her. If I don't want to go to Azkaban, I must obey the terms they set out for me. So, you think Ominis is good-looking, eh? ...I thought you were more for the handsomely rugged type... I mean, not like I care. I'm glad you two are getting along so famously without me around. I'm sorry for dragging you down with me during our fifth year. I'm a rotten friend.

-Sebastian

"Well, that was a swift response.", I thought, "Not exactly a positive one either." One of the last things he said to me before the end of the school year, was how glad he was to have met me.

"Surely," I thought, "I just need to let him know I appreciate him." It was the perfect time to let him know my true feelings. This appeared to be a more opportune time than any, for me to tell him.

I sat back down at the writing desk, picked up the quill and fresh parchment, and began.

Sebastian,

I've wanted to say for so long now, how much you mean to me. You were the highlight of my fifth year, and my time spent with you was the best I've had at Hogwarts so far. You could never drag me down. I'm sorry for how things went with Anne and Solomon. However, if I had to do it all again, I would. With you. You're my reason for being. I have deep, and true feelings, for you, Sebastian. I'm writing, hoping you'll say you do too. All the after hours visits to the library, secret visits to the Undercroft.... You know as well as I, it wasn't all for Anne. I know you feel the same too.

-Agatha

I couldn't help it. I was giddy, I'd heard back from Sebastian. My heart fluttered as I dreamily melted and sealed more blue wax onto the folded letter. I beamed with delight as I approached the owl on my balcony.

"Kindly deliver this to Sebastian Sallow in Feldcroft," I giggled, handing the letter to the owl. The owl once again, cooed in agreement, and I watched, gazing dreamily from my balcony as the bird flew into the night.

I squealed with excitement, as I pranced away from the balcony and flopped into the fluffy bed, and freshly laundered sheets.

"Hmmmm..." I closed my eyes and inhaled, fantasizing. Sebastian and I would surely be an item come the end of summer. I was sure of it. I'd sneak into the kitchen at Hogwarts and bake treats to bring him in Feldcroft. Ominis and I would visit on the weekends. We'd go so good together, like ice cream and scones. Ominis of course, could be the honorary uncle of our future children. Just me and Sebastian, taking on the world. ......or so I thought....