Turtles in New York?!

Y/N's Pov:

I gasped for breath, my heart pounding, as I finished my grueling set of two hundred push-ups. Even after years of rigorous training, it still left me winded. Suddenly, April's voice echoed from the other side of the door, calling my name. I quickly threw on a (F/C) hoodie and opened the door to see her standing there.

"What?" I asked, trying to catch my breath.

"Me and dad are gonna take a walk around the neighborhood, wanna come?" April inquired with a hopeful smile.

I looked at her incredulously. "April, you know how dangerous it is to walk in New York, especially after dark. What are you thinking?"

"We'll be fine. You wanna come?" she persisted.

I pondered the idea for a moment. If I joined them, I could keep an eye on their safety, but I had my nightly vigilante rounds to complete. If I declined, I risked leaving them vulnerable to any potential danger. Thinking quickly, I came up with a plan.

"I can't. Got homework to do," I lied.

April seemed to buy my excuse and said, "Okay, we'll be back."

As soon as they left, I swiftly donned my gear. Pulling up the hood of my cloak, I secured the kitsune mask on my face. My double-sided naginata, one of my many inventions, was ready for action. I retracted it for easy concealment.

Opening my window, I stealthily climbed down the fire escape and made my way to the rooftop. From up there, I could easily follow April and Kirby without being seen. My ninja training and years of practice made navigating the rooftops second nature to me.

After a few minutes of shadowing the O'Neils, a loud shout caught my ears. My curiosity got the better of me, and I couldn't resist investigating. "They'll be fine, and if anything happens, April will scream. I know how loud she can yell," I reassured myself.

I ran and jumped across the rooftops, my agile movements almost silent. As I rounded a corner, I came across an astonishing sight: four mutant turtles wielding an impressive array of ninja weapons. My mind raced, realizing the danger they could pose in a city like New York.

"This is New York," I muttered to myself, remembering that anything could happen in this wild city.

Hidden in the shadows, I observed the turtles from a distance, my instincts telling me to remain cautious.

"I love it up here!" the turtle with the orange mask yelled loudly. So orange is Mikey "Mikey, be quiet," the blue one,  told him. "Loosen up, Leo!" Mikey insisted.

Deciding to have a bit of fun, I stepped out of the shadows and said, "Yeah, loosen up." The four turtles quickly turned around, unsheathing their weapons, clearly ready for a fight. Leo had twin katanas, Mikey wielded nunchucks, the red one had sais, and the purple one had a Bo-staff.

"Who are you?!" Red angrily demanded, his eyes locking on me with an intense glare. I raised my hands in a defensive gesture, trying to ease the tension. "Chill out, tomato-chan, I'm just walking around the neighborhood," I teased, hoping to lighten the mood.

Purple intervened, stopping Red from getting more aggressive. "Hold on, Raph, he might not be what he seems," he said calmly, showing a more rational approach.

The purple one's assumption of my gender amused me. I didn't mind, considering the mask did make my voice sound deeper than usual. Purple however, soon asked, "Who are you and what do you want?"

I liked his level-headedness and replied, "Shouldn't I be asking that? I mean, you are human-sized turtles with ancient ninja weapons," gesturing towards their distinctive weapons.