Chapter 2

Justin's POV

I looked at the front doors to school, I went to open them but I just stood motionless. I knew I had to go to the ISS room, but part of me wanted to be in denial about it.

I hoped that maybe I would be told I don't have to serve ISS anymore. I was hoping for a myriad of things, one of them was the room would be closed for good, boarded up and ISS wouldn't be happening anymore. Part of me also wanted the school to blow away, yet the school wasn't anywhere close to where a tornado would hit so that was impossible.

Craig walked up to me and put his arm over my shoulder, Gavin was behind him.

"Don't worry, you'll have fun in there. Don't let them break up in the slammer." Craig laughed.

"Remember, play well with the other children." Gavin joked.

I was trying to keep a straight face but I couldn't no matter what. I burst in to laughter.

"You guys are awful." I started feeling a bit better about the whole situation. "Well...it could be worse."

Craig crossed his arms, "Yeah definitely could be. I heard that Chad got expelled, I heard this isn't his first fight. The asshole got what he deserved, he's no longer this school's problem."

Wow. The saying is true. Karma really is a bitch. Chad was expelled, which felt like a miracle sent from heaven. But here I was having to spend the next few days in ISS, aka the depths of Hell. To make it even worse, the ISS room was in a secluded hallway in the school that was a dead end, it was the door at the end of the hall. So it truly WAS the depths of hell.

We arrived at the room I'd be spending the next three days in. I nervously put my hand on the door handle.

"Wish me luck." I anxiously laughed as I waved goodbye to them and I then walked into the room.

The room wasn't too big. It was roughly the size of a normal classroom, maybe slightly smaller. But it felt like a jail cell to me. I scanned the room to see if anyone else was there besides me. I was in luck.

I saw a lone guy in the back of the room. He had pale skin, light brown hair, a well trimmed beard and blue-gray colored eyes. Even with the beard, he still looked around my age, maybe a year older, couldn't be too sure.

He had on a backwards black snapback hat, a faded navy blue t-shirt, ripped jeans and high top vans. His shirt was slightly tight around his arms, showing his slightly muscular yet lean build. I looked away from him and took a seat several desks across from him. Glad it wasn't just me in here.

A teacher then walked in. She closed the door, "I am Mrs Johnston, I run ISS. The two of you are each here for separate reasons. Follow the rules of the ISS room and all of our lives will be easy. All your class work is in packets that I'll give you and collect and the beginning and end of the day." She said with the conviction of a drill sergeant.

She then went to tell us the rules. No phones, no laptop, no smart watch, no tablet, no technology at all, no talking at any time, and a few others but I didn't really pay attention to rest of them.

I opened up the packet of classwork and started on my assignments, they didn't take me that long and I was done with them by eleven. So I just stared at the wall to pass the time. Eventually the teacher left the room for a few minutes and the plain white walls were close to driving me insane, so I decided to go talk to the other guy in the room with me.