Chapter 1

Justin's POV

Here I was, stuck in, In School Suspension, bored out of my mind. I never planned on ending up here, yet here I was. I wasn't alone though, across the room was a guy named Jay in here with me. Some guy I've never met or even knew existed until this morning.

As I sat here wanting this day to end, I thought about the events that managed to get me sent here:

The start of school always marks the end of summer. The end of the long summer days where I would not have to deal with the assignments and due dates of school. Where I could momentarily relax and enjoy my free time. But now it was over and I was back to monotony of school.

I looked out the window of my dad's navy blue Toyota and saw the high school. It was the first day of my junior year of high school. My summer break was uneventful, but it was just what I needed, rest and relaxation. Last school year was draining and the long summer break was great for me. It gave me time to take it easy.

I went to step out of the car as my dad Adam, turned to face me.

"Have a good day!" He said to me.

I looked back at him as I stepped out of the car, "Thanks dad, you too." I quickly waved as the car took off.

"Hey Justin!" I heard Craig shout as he saw me.

Craig is one of my friends. We've known each other since the middle of freshman year, when we met, quickly hit it off and became friends. His hazel eyes and dark brown hair, being well lit by the morning sun.

Craig fist bumped me when he caught up to me and pace I was walking at, "So, we're back to the same old grind. How fun." He said with sarcasm.

I patted Craig's shoulder, I sympathized with him, "All good things must come to an end, even the summer but hey, it's a new year, it's hopefully gonna be a good year." I optimistically said.

I then saw Gavin, another one of my friends, my best friend in fact, and flagged him down.

"So what you are you two up to?" Gavin asked as he greets us and slings his arms around our shoulders, "Let me guess, spreading rumors about me." He laughed.

Gavin had brown eyes and short dirty blonde, slightly messy hair. His slightly toned muscular physique was highlighted by the form fitted t-shits he wore.

I smirked as I slightly move away from him, "Of course we were, what else would we be doing."

"Hey guys!" Amanda said as she was accompanied by Alex. The two of them were also part our friend group.

Amanda was always trendy, wearing well put together outfits and always ahead of the trends. Feminine and girly. Almost every outfit was complimented with matching sunglasses.

Alex had shoulder length, straight dark brown hair. Her style consists of hoodies, ripped jeans, vans and t-shirts. Not much color was in her outfits mostly neutral tones with the occasional red or blue thrown in to mix it up slightly.

Amanda took off her sunglasses and fixed her long, blonde hair, "This summer was WAY too short."

Alex grinned at Amanda, "Agreed. This year is gonna suck, just like every other year. At least we don't have to suffer through it alone."