001

CHAPTER ONE
THE DINER

CHICAGO, ILLINOIS 10:29 pm | MAY 16thFRIDAY ────────────────────────────────

CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
10:29 pm | MAY 16th
FRIDAY
────────────────────────────────

OMNISCIENT

GREY & ARRIANNA RUSHED around the diner trying to get everyone orders. It wasn't like they was the only ones there because they wasn't, everyone else wanted to do whatever they wanted to while they tired themselves out.

It's 10:29 pm now and Grey has a few more minutes before she gets off work, she couldn't wait. She's being working at the diner for 3 years now and they wasn't paying her enough to be doing all this and her wig that sat on top of her head was just irritating her more.

Once she got everyone orders down she walked behind the counter and placed the orders on the hanger above the cooks head.

Grey stood behind the counter and pulled down her black skirt that was above her knees. She asked to get a size bigger so the skirt could be lower but Karin told her that the small skirt would give her tips.

Which was good but Nori didn't like the hungry stares that some of the old men occasionally women would give her.

That made her skin crawl.

Karin was on of her many friends who also worked at the diner during the day. Her boy friend who goes by Key Glock threatened the manager once and every since that day Karin doesn't work night shift anymore.

At first Grey was scared of him but the more she hung around him he wasn't as mean as she thought. Glock treated her like a sister and would sometimes stop by with Karin and check on her.

Grey was knocked out of her thoughts by her Black iPhone Xr that started ringing. She quickly answered it and going to the back of the diner because she was supposed to have it on silent anyways.

"Kleiner Bär, where are you?". Her mother, Matilda softly but strong German accent spoke through the phone.
(little bear)

"Momaa you know I'm at work, I told Pa to let you know". Grey spoke softly standing by the storage room door. 

"He didn't tell me anything. There is a package for you that should have arrived today, let me know if you like it".

Grey talked to her mother for about 3 more minutes before she hung up. "Grey". She jumped holding her chest looking at her old white creepy manger.

August

"S-Sorry I'll get back to work". Grey put her phone back in her apron and tried to walk around him but he stepped in-front of her. "Wait not just yet". August took slow steps towards her giving Grey nowhere to go but backwards.