Chapter 1: Ice skating

I was working another late shift at the coffee house cleaning the tables. "Hey Bailey, when you're done cleaning up can you lock the doors?" My boss Jamie said. "Sure." I said. She tossed me the keys. I finished cleaning the tables and was finally free to go. I get a call from my friend Kris.

"Hello?" I said. "Hey Bailey!" Said Kris. "Hey. What's up?" I asked. "Well since tomorrow is Saturday we should hang out. Wanna go ice skating?" She asked. "Yeah that's sounds like fun." I said. "Great! Let's meet up at the King County Skating Rink around 5:30." Kris said.

"Sounds like a plan." I said. "Ok see ya there." "Bye." I hang up. It been a while since me and Kris have hung out together. She's been really busy with her new job as a news reporter. It will be nice. Me and Kris have been best friends since elementary school. We made a pact after high school that we would still stay in touch no matter what.

It was now Saturday. I was getting ready. I decided to wear jeans and a sweater. I wore my hair back in a pony tail.

I went to the skating rink to meet up with Kris. I see her standing outside. She waves at me. "Bailey!" She cheered. "Kris!" I cheered back. She runs over to me and gives me a hug. We walk inside and start skating together.

"So Kris, how's your new job as a news reporter going?" I ask. "It's fun. But it's really hard to get a day off. I'm so glad I was able to hang out with you." She said. "Me too." I said. "Hey I'll be right back. I gotta use the restroom." Kris said. "Ok." I said. Then I started skating alone. Well I wasn't alone for long.

I heard a thump. And a voice saying "Ow!" I looked over and see a little boy on the ice. "Are you ok, kid?" I asked. "Yeah. I just scrapped my knee." He said in pain. "Here let me help you." I said holding out my hand. "Are you with your parents?" I asked. "Yeah but I can't find them." He said. "What's your name?" I asked. "Carl." He said. "I'm Bailey. Don't worry, Carl. I'm sure your parents are around here." I said. We step out of the rink and look around.

"Carl!" I heard a man's voice say. "Dad!" Yelled Carl. Yay he found his dad. Mission accomplished. Carl and his father hugged. "Carl, you had me worried." He said. "I fell down but Bailey helped me." Carl said. "Oh thank you so much, Bailey. I'm Rick." He said. "Hi. And it was no trouble at all. I'm just glad I was there to help." I said.

"Carl! There you are!" A woman said. I'm assuming it's his mother. "You scared me to death." She said and hugs him and kisses him. "Lori, this is Bailey. She helped out Carl." Rick said. Lori looks up at me. "Thank you." She said. "No problem." I said. "Well we better get going now." Said Lori. "Yeah." Said Rick while sighing. "Bye." He said to me. "Bye." I said back. "Bye, Bailey!" Carl said. I waved at him. "Bye, Carl!" I said.

"There you are." Said Kris. "Where did you go?" She asked. I shrugged. "No where." I said. "Let's skate."

Hey guys! This is my Rick Grimes Fanfic!! I hope you enjoyed this first chapter! Sorry it was short...Luv you guys! Byee! 💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖