ACCISMUS- CHAPTER 19~

Everything felt depressing.

Dwhyte asked to be left alone, thought they didn't leave, they tried to give him as much space as possible.

Dwayne had called the funeral home who will be in charge of her body until the processes are confirmed. He closed up and headed straight back home, his step-mother's death was heavy on his shoulders. He could imagine how torn Dwhyte must be feeling. Having no idea until everything was thrown on him in loads. He told Alice that it wasn't a good idea and she should've told him, but she was adamant.

That evening he watched helplessly as his brother collected most of his things and turned on the veranda light as he was unsure of when he'd be back. He left early that day, finding it hard to stay any longer. He said that he planned to come back, just when he had left the denial and the angry stage.

Dwayne convinced him as he kept debating that it would be good to use the company as he knew things were a not one-hundred at home. He stated that he had work and it was the only way he could get his mind off things. His back, shoulder and head hurt. He felt like his mind was spilling, literally.

Alice was always poetic, maybe this was her last meal. He could only imagine how lonely she must've been right now. Laid on ice keep her until. Turned out she had already made arrangements. The situation was fucked up. He laughed, but not in a cheerful way.

Funeral homes can never go out of business. Anyone can die by the snap of a finger. Death was inevitable. And that was the bitter truth.

Dwhyte called and told him that he was on Trafalgar Road, he entered Mount Potire next, it didn't take long for him to reach his house. The vehicle parked outside. It was still early evening as he keyed the door and entered. Made sure to be as quiet as possible. He found Drian sleeping on the couch, three empty beer bottles loitered the coffee table. He picked them up and placed them in the recycle bin.

Saliva escape her lips and onto the leather couch that made him cringe. He headed for the stairs, showered and tried his best to look presentable for work the next day.

Fiona had greeted him in the elevator as she had just come as well. He headed straight for the lounge and opened the fridge. His stomach grumbled when he saw plated containers of food with names on them. He hadn't eaten since yesterday evening and it gnawed at him.

He saw a plastic container, he recognized as his. It had a bologna sandwich. He had been neglecting it for a while but in that moment it looked so appetizing. He placed it in the microwave, removed his cardigan in the meanwhile it got warm. He created a new document and started a new project. It was a new plan for the charity event. Every Heads of Departments gets to present something. He and the team had already spoken via the internet and it was up to him now to do a final summary.

He used the work email and forwarded to everyone in his department and if they want to make the rectification then he was open. He tries to get everyone as involved as possible.

Others came by in the office, Bethany and a few from Admin was there. She was one of his work enemies that was always after him. The two came here as interns and stayed but she wasn't happy when he got promoted instead of her. The door pushed and a woman walked right up to him. At first he was confused, she had a devious smile on her face as she spoke. Rather loud for the others to hear.

"Are you Dwhyte Ashley Darin?"

"Who's asking?"

"It doesn't matter. You've been served."

He took the file from her pedicure hands, he opened it.

Divorce papers.

By then everyone was looking. Their amused faces, stared almost mockingly at him like something comedic had just happened. The microwave sounded, and even after all that, he didn't even feel hungry anymore and he packed up his things and headed for his personal office. It's been a few days and bags had started to show underneath his eyes. Adrianna was back doing her thing in the guest room. It wasn't like he could kick her to the curb because it just wasn't in his nature.

The day ended too slow, he anticipated to go home. Even when he knew he'd walk in to see him soon to be ex-wife booed up by some random dude, now that Yev had distanced from her. Dwhyte spend most of his days in the office and just out, and only went home to sleep.

He still haven't mentioned her death to anyone. Dwhyte felt like a piece of heat and anxiety cloud over him and even when he try to bring himself out of that grimness, it just seemed to resurface.

He just wanted to go home, maybe soak in some lavender essence. Sip the strongest red wine, until his mind was hazy and he had forgotten about his miserable reality. It's funny as he could get intoxicated by the simplest of wine, but in times like these it came in handy. He just want his type of drunk to be aesthetic and not like how Drian made it seem. It was obvious that Drian needed help and he too. He was just too far down in the rabbit hole to care at that point and he was just bracing himself for anything.

His mom died.

Life just feels like a sack of nothing,

Vern was by the house when he returned. Gosh, that woman was always checking up on him. She was seated on the steps, the night breeze cool as she smoked a cigarette. Her hair looked freshly relaxed or maybe she got it silk pressed. Vern held a sarcastic smile as she waved him over.

"I know Dwhyte. These stuff are coffin nails."

She pointed out, as the lad always lectured her about her smoking habits and how he shouldn't expose Lorna to second hand. Dwhyte was protective of his god-daughter and even his best friend.

"How's my god-daughter." he sat beside her. She blew the smoke the opposite direction.

"She's up by her father. She should've returned today but he told me he'll get her straight to school and I'll have to just pick her up tomorrow evening."

He nodded, loving the way it sounded. He was glad that Vern and her ex- was co-parenting and not letting their issues affect the child.

"You weren't here these two days, Adrianna told Me." she said.

"Yes. I was by my mom." He watched her puff. "She passed."

"No shit! Oh my god. I'm so sorry." she hugged him. "My condolences fam. We can talk when you're ready but like right now; just know that God is in control and he will comfort us in our times of needs."

He nodded. "I just want what's best for you."

"I know."

Esther came by, Dwhyte mentally rolled his eyes. She ascended the steps and headed inside the house. He knew that she intentionally stepped on his finger with her wedge. And like the usual he chose to let it go because he knew that Drian would somehow turn it back or disregard everything. Not only will be he separated from her, but HER. Years he tolerated her, just because of love.

"You wanna come in?"

He asked her, Vern shook her head 'no'. He nodded. "Alright. I'll head in now. I'll see you later, okay?"

She nodded, he waited until she made it into her truck and drove off before he went inside. Dwhyte passed the duo and headed for the kitchen, he grabbed the Macarona Explicit and a glass and headed up the stairs. Esther gave him the bad eye which he ignored and closed his door with the lock.

He stripped stalk naked and headed for the bathroom. The water on luke-warm as he filled the Jacuzzi. He sat down, mother, work, everything heavily on his mind as he poured the first drink. The bittersweet taste in his mouth reminded him that he was alive but at the same time, something dread was cooking up in the distance. His shoulder slouched as he downed the glass, droplets of the alcoholic drink dripped from his chin and diluted in the water, all traces gone. The burn in his esophagus reminded him that he had the best.

Macarona Explicit wasn't no cheap shit.

It must've been the empty stomach but the effects were almost immediate.

He relaxed and allowed sleep to engulf his naked form in captivity.

Finally he found what he'd been looking for, peace.