ACCISMUS- Chapter 5~ ACCOUNTABILITY

Here come that tone. He hated when Drian spoke like that. Dwhyte tended to the withering garden that was out front. Despite it being watered every mornings and afternoon, it's like they have given up. The recent drought haunted everything like a plaque and the garden literally said 'screw it'. He had come inside, only to hear her laughing with someone on the phone with one of her cousins, he heard his name mention a few times.

"I know you tripping. It's almost a year since yall did the naughty?"

"Child, I said what I said. Sometime you gotta keep that man on guard."

Dwhyte rolled his eyes. The fact that she was discussing their intimate and very much private life with someone else was alarming. It was either she was not feeling well or she was on her period. Drian always made sure to hold onto her stomach for special effect and like a fool, he fell for it every time. She had being lying all most, if not all of the time and she took it for granted knowing he wasn't confrontational.

"He be always trying to get this good-good.."

And like a show, it must continue on. She didn't once consider his feelings for Christ sake. Now people will now be all up in his business, thanks for Drian for being so uncomfortably transparent. The statement was an absolute downgrade. The laughter that followed was a literal mockery and insult. He stood at the doorjamb and watched the event unfolded, the hurt, and not the mention the other emotions that made him too stunned.

"You seriously doing this right now?"

For Dwhyte it was disquieting that the woman could think like that. Drian questioned him as he took her phone and hung it us.

"Does humiliating me makes get you off or something?" He questioned her, not caring if the other person was listening.

"You know I don't mean it like that?"

Unbelievable. She had that stupid grin to her face, it he was that type of guy he would've slapped it off. He could only think about it. She irritated him.

"You don't see me out here, degrading and gossiping about my own wife with my friends and shit."

Un-fucking believable.

"It's just my cousin Bev."

His nose flared, he had never heard the other her speak such nonsense of a justification. It could be the woman that delivered her from her birth canal. Please, don't be doing that shit. Its rude and very much disrespectful.

"Don't be dramatic Dwhyte."

"Yes, confetti goes to me. Dwhyte Ashley Darin, queen of the theatrics. Fuck you and Bev."

Dwhyte watched as the insult sunk in, the smile on her face vanished. He had never spoken to her this way and it was a shock for him too. How dare she? Who did she think she was?

"Like you trying to embarrass me. You'll never get another man as patient as me. Next guy you get, he'll fuck you regardless of that period."

Drian, still baffled and haven't recovered from Dwhyte's verbal stabs finally got the chance to muster. Her larnynx rattled, it took a few long seconds before she found the urge to speak.

"You leave for work and come back there's sex. Then I have to clean the house, laundry, everything. I don't want my family to think they have raised a failure. Do you know how I feel sometimes, when my mother give me that look."

"Adrianna, the fact that you think a woman's job is to always be a housewife is baffling. Like what year are we in? And I don't treat you like that. If you go out, and I'm home, I always cook. Sometimes when I come from work, I cook. Does that automatically makes me a woman?" She stopped to think, she knew that it wasn't a responsive question since the tone had long gone up. Dwhyte looked mad, and she felt like if she said something, something stupid and impulsive, he might snap.