Death!

???: "Welcome Y/n! I'm terribly sorry but unfortunately you've died."

okay, how did we get here? well, lets rewind.

(Y/N'S POV, EARLIER...)

Kazuma: "Y/n! To your left is a horde of Zombies! finish them of and we're good for quest's"

Y/n: "Kazuma! these basters are level 256! I need some help man I don't solo!"

Kazuma: "I'm already fighting the Lich!"

Y/n: "for god's sake!"

yes, I'm playing a video game. It's nothing special, a game called Konosuba. the person I'm playing with is my shut-in best friend, Kazuma Sato. We've been friends since elementary school, but he became a shut-in after supposedly being cheated on by the 'love of his life'.

Yeah, what really happened was stupid 8 year old Kazuma had a girl promise they'd marry! but sawed the girl holding another guys hand, got jealous, and later stopped going to school. silly right?

well, the good news is that he's actually pretty smart so it's not so bad. just wish he'd do a little bit more with me.

Y/n: "phew! that was hard. I'm done for right now man."

Kazuma: "Alrighty man, see ya later!"

Y/n: "See ya Kazuma!"

i decided to go make some pizza pops in the microwave. so i put it all in and started to watch my phone, what i didn't realize though is i forgot to take off my Airpods from the plate i put them on for a second...

Y/n: (where's my airpods?)

*BOOM!!!*

(Y/N'S POV, PRESENT)

yep, that was the end of me! and here we are.

Y/n: "Damn, sorry for dieing so foolishly."

???: "Oh, Y/n, silly! you're fine, as a matter of fact i have a request for you on behalf of the gods!"

okay, this is gonna be interesting.

Y/n: "Okay, but first, what's your name?"

Serenity: "I'm Serenity, the goddess of immense power! and also the request we want to bestow upon you is to please go to this other world with magic and swordsmen and others like that to defeat the devil king!"

wow, straight to the point! not bad.

Y/n: "okay then, but I don't know if I'll be good since i don't know magic or anything."

Serenity: "Don't worry! as part of the deal, I'll be joining you as your sidekick/assistant! meaning i can help you a bunch!"

Y/n: "Woah! I can't ask a goddess like you for that!"

Serenity: "I appreciate your kindness, really! But you see, as silly as it may sound you're one of the one chosen by the gods to wield some of my power and have me help you! So in a way, I'm your help!"

Y/n: "Okay, if you want to join me you can, but don't do this because you feel forced to! I'm perfectly okay with you staying here!"

Serenity: "It'd be my pleasure to join you, now, you better get going and I'll meet you there! Oh also, That ring on your finger is never coming off! trust me, you'll be happy about it!"

i started to rise up as she was speaking, the last thing i said to her was, "Okay and Thank you!" then everything went white...

(A/N: DAMN! i know a short chapter yes but this introduces the main story, so buckle up for the next chapter is even better!