Waking Up in Hell

I felt Matt stir under me, making me lift my head. He opened his eyes and squinted around, then looked to me. I sat up, feeling his hand drag across my back. He sat up and looked at Jordan who was asleep on the floor where he had fallen and then to Mark who was drooling on the table cloth. He looked up to Tony and jumped, letting out a heavy sigh.

"He's been there for a while, keeping an eye on me. Suzy was watching Mark, but then she went to the stage and hasn't stopped swinging her legs," I informed him. "I swear she's going to break her heels if one hits the wall by this point. She must have some killer velocity by now."

"What time is it? When does the game start?" he asked me in a haze. Maybe he didn't wake up earlier and was just in his comfort zone with me. Maybe he thought my small frame was Stephanie's.

"The game starts in a few minutes," Ian said from the stage, kneeling behind Suzy. "Better wake your friends up, then."

I got off of the bench and helped Matt to his feet, looking at Tony. He stared at me and watched me walk past him. Matt groaned a little, grabbing onto me as we walked.

"I'll get you to the office and then I'll get Jordan and Mark, okay?" I asked. Matt nodded as we made our way down the hallway, me being his crutch. I helped him to the rolly chair and ran out, grabbing my Sprite I had yet to open, Matt's jacket, and threw the fries at Mark. He snorted as he jolted awake, reaching over and grabbing Jordan's foot.

They both stood and followed me, wide awake. The bells chimed as Jordan stepped in and grabbed onto the tablet. The phone was quiet as Mark took his place and I stood by the left door.

I looked to the stage, but I was caught off guard by Tony walking towards me. I still felt no fear by seeing him, just transfixed. He was struggling to put one foot in front of the other, a scowl approaching his face. The phone began to ring and he put his hand to his chest where the hole was, tilting his head.

I ignored everyone else while Tony stopped walking. He looked down to his chest and then to me, no glances of anger showing. He looked to me with a worried look, as if he were in pain.

"You're doing great," I heard Michael say. "The others didn't last this long. I'm not implying that they all died at once. Really they aren't even dead, as you've all seen."

What I was seeing was much more than Michael was saying. Tony took in a breath. His chest rose and fell. He looked at me and then to his chest. Ian had cauterized the hole where I had stabbed him.

Then, right then, the world hit me of exactly where I was. I was in hell. Tony screamed, looking to his hand where the hook was. He looked at me, recognizing me.

"Danny?" Tony cried out, pulling off his eyepatch. There hole that was left was also cauterized to stop the bleeding. "Danny help me, please," he cried. I left and ran to him, catching him before he dropped to his knees.

"Tony?" I asked. Jordan looked down the hall and everything seemed to slow down. I was holding onto the previously deceased Tony V. I had to grab his shirt and his arm to pull him to his feet, helping him halfway down the hall before Jordan ran down to us and took Tony's other side, walking him to the office.

"Danny, what the fuck?!" Mark yelled.

"He's alive!" I cried. Was I crying? I couldn't remember for sure.

"Who?" Michael asked over the phone. Matt rose from his seat so Jordan could seat Tony down. "Who's alive?"

"I am," Tony huffed, not really caring about the hole in his chest any longer. "I'm alive."

"Mr. Valenzuela, please go back to playing dead," Michael said with a cautious laugh. "Or I'll have someone retrieve you."

"I'm not letting anything happen to him," I screamed. I was crying then. Tony was, too, still unsure how his eyes worked. He was looking around and to everyone. He was processing things over again.

"He was the first kill, so surely his systems would have glitched- Listen, Daniel, we're going to fix Tony up for you and he'll be back to normal, just like before!"

"Yeah, as Foxy," Matt said with anger in his voice. Mark picked up and slammed down the phone. I gave Tony my Sprite and he drank it down, coughing and spitting out blood. He wiped his hand onto his already bloody shirt and looked to Mark.

"I... I was dead," Tony said solemnly. He looked at me and shivered. I could only imagine.

"Please don't be afraid," I said, putting a hand on his knee to comfort him. "We all have to keep calm. I'm sure we've all accepted death by this point, but we're gonna get out of here, okay? Get you home to Cole and Jarrett and... and to all of your friends and family. Okay?"

I was choking on my words, seeing him run though things on his mind. "I was in a dark room. There was someone there," Tony said. "I wasn't scared."

"Please don't," Matt said. Mark was speechless. "We don't need to hear that."

I looked around the office, but stopped when I saw Jordan walking back into the wall, eyes wide and jaw dropped. Ian.

"Guys, don't worry about Jordan. He made sure we'd all be okay for the night," I said. Jordan whimpered, head turned and eyes shut tightly. He jolted and clenched his fists. Whatever Ian was doing, he was messing with Jordan well. He was in his head, making him see things.

I only knew that because when Jordan opened his eyes and looked at me, he mouthed the words "I have four hearts left," and looked around.