The People We Remember

Everything felt surreal. I looked at the tablet on the wall, seeing the camera was on the hallway beside us to the right. The lights outside the office were a tad too bright for me, however, and the dimness of them was what gave me the eerie feeling that something would go horribly wrong. I refused to touch the tablet.

"I actually finished up my last week in that exact same room," Michael continued. Jordan leaned down to kneel beside me and scowled.

"You mean you finished working on this room, right?" he asked, "Where you're keeping us hostage?"

"Can I at least get some candy-coated Advil?" I asked, shutting my eyes and leaning my head back. There was a pause and a laugh.

"Okay, okay, this may be a bit overwhelming, but I'm calling to let you know that you have nothing to worry about!"

"Bullshit," Mark growled.

"Let's just focus on getting through your first night," Michael said. He must have had some mass of nerves to ignore Mark like that. His tone didn't change it all. "First, there's an introductory greeting from the company that I'm required to read first," he said anyhow.

"Stop citing the game, Michael," I said. The three looked at me. "We all know how the game works and we all know how it ends."

There was a second of hesitation before Michael cleared his throat. "And how is that, Daniel-Chase?" Jordan stood, gripping the back of my chair again. However, I weakly grabbed onto the phone, holding it to my ear.

"We win." I hung up on him and set my head onto the desk, letting out a sigh. I looked around, Matt grabbing the tablet from behind me as I stared at Jordan. I was surprised I wasn't drooling over shirtless Mark, but hey, priorities.

"Jordan, take post on the right door, Mark on the left one," Matt said, taking charge. "I'll keep watch on the cameras and Danny, you need to rest. Maybe if the animatronics are kind enough tonight, we can get out of the office and try to find a way out."

"For all we know they've sealed all of the exits," Mark said as he took his assigned post. That was relaxing. Matt looked through the camera feeds and leaned against the desk, letting me get a wonderful look at his disgusting nose injury. I'm not one for bloody noses ever, so seeing him that way was quite the trip.

"Maybe one of us could find a way to turn the animatronics off," Jordan added. I looked over to him and raised my hand.

"I can. I need a few minutes, but I can get up to it. I'm not called Ninja for no reason," I offered. Jordan smirked at me, making me smile. "I can probably get onto the stage without being seen between the nights and find a way to get into their heads or something."

"Oh fuck no," I heard Matt whisper. We looked to him and he covered his mouth, looking away from the tablet to only then hand it to me. I held it, not looking at it. He faced the wall, hands on the desk and hunched over. "Oh god no..."

"MatPat?" I asked, handing the tablet to Jordan once he reached for it. Jordan gasped, looking to me and Matt with wide eyes, face flushed and pale. Mark seemingly charged over, taking the tablet from him and then quickly losing himself in staring at it.

"This can't be happening," Mark mumbled. Was he crying? He passed me the tablet and I finally looked. There on the stage were the three robots, but with a twist.

In place of Freddy Fazbear was a burly man with a beard, bleeding eyes, and a brown suit. The only name that came to mind was ProJirard the Finishist, thanks to GameGrumps drilling that into my head. But sadly, there was Jirard Khalil, Matt's friend, standing there with wires coming out the back of his head and his usually brown eyes burning a bright yellow.

Beside him stood a beautiful woman in place of Chica the Chicken. She went by the name of Mortem3r, Suzy Hanson. Her hair was decorated with a band of wires coming out of her temple at her part to wrap around to her collar bone on the other side, blood everywhere and soaking her yellow and orange dress. Her eye makeup had run down her face as if she had been crying. She had a scared look upon her face and her blue eyes shone just as brightly as they usually did.

And then there was Bonnie the Bunny, played by none other than TheSyndicateProject, Tom Cassell. His blue hair and brown roots were so familiar, it was hard to think of him being played by anyone else. Wires were poked into his skull and wrapping to the back of his head and down his torn purple suit, an evil grin upon his face and his eye beaming a bright yellow. One was missing.

Their friends were all now the ones trying to kill them. There was no telling as to who would be Foxy the Pirate Fox or even Golden Freddy. I feared for the worse, especially when Mark jumped and flipped through the cameras.

"Suzy left the stage," he said. He wasn't calling her Chica. I didn't know if that was good or not, but I assumed the worst of the situation.

"Don't worry about her, Mark," I said. "They aren't really that angry until tomorrow night."

"But who knows if we'll get a grace period, ya know?" Matt said behind choking on tears. He looked to Mark who handed him the tablet. I watched him stare at the tablet, sniffling up blood and snot. He sighed and I looked to Jordan who was trying not to break down.