Lies

The jealousy burnt inside of her so strongly that she had nothing but the desire to hurt her. To put her through physical pain, but to also dig deep into her and find a way to pierce through her heart. How could she take the one thing she's been working towards since she met him. These were the thoughts wandering through her mind before she heard the voice of the very boy who had been taken away from her. "She's my wife."

   WIFE?! So she took away any chance of me getting him, but why would they go this far, so young, what could've happened for them to legally bond togeth-. BINGO! There's only one thing that brings two teenagers together, in that big of a way. That fucking slut was gonna pay alright.

                              Nani's POV

   I really didn't know if I should ask about it, it seemed like he had resolved it. Maybe it didn't even involve me, maybe it was a boy problem and that's why he didn't talk to me about it.

   My toothbrush had been sitting heavily in my mouth as I was alone with my thoughts. Riki was playing video games while I was getting ready for bed. The events of today weren't my main priority, I just hoped that Riki didn't think he couldn't talk to me cause I was so focused on my own issues.

   The toothpaste mixed with saliva began to fill up my mouth to a point where it got disgusting and I needed to spit it out. I finally got back to the task at hand and scrubbed my teeth clean from anything I had gathered in them throughout the day. I was flossing when I decided that I would try to pry, not too much, but just enough for riki to tell me if there was anything wrong. Yeah, just enough.

   I put on my sleeping shorts and my silk pink  button up pajama top. I dried my hair just enough to not soak my shirt or my pillowcase. "Okay" I reassured myself "just enough".

   I walked into the room where Riki had decided to get ready for bed himself. He was turning off his controller while sitting on the bed with his legs criss-crossed. I hesitantly got behind him and wrapped my arms around his neck "how are you feeling?" Riki jolted in surprise but then relaxed and laughed, "pretty good, better now that you're here". He turned around and laid down, pulling me down on top of him. He played with my damp hair, he'd learned to be careful with the curls. He finally looked into my eyes and smiled "and you?" All I could do is stare at his lips as they moved, not even processing the words that split through them. "Hmm?" Riki chuckled, deep, buzzing through my system, "I'll kiss you if you ask". I nodded dumbly, never having felt like this before.

   His lips pressed against mine softly, taking their time to move against mine. I could taste the remnants of the toothpaste he had used. I brought his lips between my teeth when the cushiony feeling brought me back into my head. I sat up quickly and let out a deep breath. "That was nice," I nodded awkwardly, "I'm gonna sleep now- oh wait I had to ask something, it was just umm". All the planning I had done, to pry just enough, vanished in a second. So I did what I could, "what did you talk about with Jay?" Riki's eyes widened in surprise, "umm, yeah nothing important." I sigh, "it seemed important to me, you can tell me you know." Riki looked around, avoiding my eyes, "no it's, guy stuff. It would make you uncomfortable." I looked at him suspiciously, "it won't I promise I can deal with it, im your-". "It's guy stuff! Like umm private, guy stuff." And that's all it took to avoid the topic, "oh" I blushed "yeah oh yeah no, no problem." Fuck! I'd made it awkward. I hesitated before looking at him again, "do you still wanna sleep together- no wait that's not right, like bed, sleep in the same bed. This- this bed?" Riki chuckled nervously, "yeah of course." I laid down and got comfortable on my side, "good night". Riki nodded "good night, love you".

                           Riki's POV

   GUY STUFF?! PRIVATE GUY STUFF?! That's the best I could come up with? Oh fuck, she's gonna hate me now.