Waffles

Nani's POV

   It had been about a week since Sola got here. I've grown closer to her and Konon. I think Riki and I are friends now. He's not bad at all. I grew up with boys, so being around him wasn't uncomfortable if I saw him as just another friend. 

   It was just another day. I got up at 7:00 today, I was just really energized. I showered last night so today I just gelled my hair back into a low bun, leaving a few curls to frame my face. I did my skin care routine. It was too early in the morning to put on makeup. I put on some olive green biker shorts and a dark green shirt that had my name in small print on the front and my birth year on the sleeves.

   I made my way downstairs to make coffee. I made a iced mocha latte. I topped it with whipped cream and cinnamon. "You even season your coffee?! Damn." I looked up to see the blonde boy who towered over me. "What do you me-" I stopped midway through my sentence as I looked down seeing myself LITERALLY seasoning my coffee with cinnamon. "Yeah I guess you're right. Wanna try" "I'm not the biggest fan of coffee" I looked at him with a disgusted face. "To each his own I guess" I said sipping my coffee.

   I finished my coffee and was gonna head out of the kitchen. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist lifting me up. "Not again" I whined struggling to get out of his grasp. "You haven't eaten" he said sitting me down on a stool. "Yes I have" I said in a not very confident voice. "You have your coffee first thing in the morning" said Riki "there is no way you ate before your coffee." I rolled my eyes getting up "fine what do you want to eat." "Nope" he sat he back down "I'm making waffles" I laughed at the shrek reference. "Can I at least help" I asked sitting on the counter while he got out mixing bowls spoons and other utensils. He looked up at me with a smile "Sure get whatever toppings you want." I smiled opening the fridge. I brought out whipped cream and chocolate syrup. "What do you want?" I asked looking through the fruit bowl. "STRAWBERRIES" "damn ok" I said a little bit surprised that he yelled. I got strawberries and bananas then opened the pantry to find chocolate chips.

   I set the toppings on the table handing the chocolate chips to Riki. "Put these in the batter." "Ok, can you warm up the strawberries?" I looked at him with wide eyes. "WHAT THE FUCK?!?!" I yelled. "Language" I heard a voice in the corner. Isabella looked at me with a playful glare. "HE WANTS TO WARM UP FUCKING STRAWBERRIES" "WHAT THE FUCK?!?!" She said. "I feel judged" said the boy. "You are" I said scrunching my face up in disgust. "You know what, I'll try warm strawberries if you taste my coffee." I challenged him. "Sure, but I'm pretty sure this is just an excuse for you to drink more coffee" he said. "Basically"

   I put a few strawberries in a bowl and put them in the microwave. "Is 15 seconds enough?" I asked. "Yeah it should be" he said as he put the batter into the waffle maker. I walked over to Riki and gave him some plates for the waffles.

   I made my coffee, being sure to put a bit of extra syrups and cream so it wouldn't be too bitter for Riki. I am so kind.

   After getting our waffles and putting on our preferred toppings, mine being mostly chocolate and whipped cream, we sat down at the table. Isabella came back down after NOT HELPING to enjoy her waffles. "Aww does the little princess want to eat the food she DIDNT HELP MAKE?!" I yelled. "Yes and thanks for calling me a princess" she said flipping her hair. I rolled my eyes playfully and motioned to where the waffles were.

   Then Riki came with his warm strawberries. "Why'd I agree to this?" "You actually came up with the idea" he said eating one of them as I fake gagged. "Okay I'm ready" I said taking a deep breath. I reached for a strawberry when he brought one to my lips feeding it to me. The second I chewed it I spit it out. It honestly wasn't horrible, I just got flustered. "PINCHE PENDEJO WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?" I screamed hiding my flustered face in my hands. "I don't know what you just said but I kinda wanna cry." He said pouting. "You'll definitely cry if I translate" Isabella said. "Sorry" I said "I didn't mean it. I was just a bit surprised" "it's fine. My turn!" He said clapping. "You seem excited" "Well it's pretty" he stated as if it was the most obvious thing ever. I gave him a straw as he look a sip. His face scrunched up slightly at the taste. "Did you not like it?" I asked. "It's good but it's bitter." He said licking the whipped cream from the top of the drink. "Bitter?! That's creamer with a splash of coffee!" I said. More like screamed, same thing. "I'll drink some more then you can have it." He told me. "Okay" I said as I went to get myself an espresso shot to make the coffee stronger.

   He drank about two more sips before eating off all the whipped cream and handing me the cup. I scrunched my face judging him. I grabbed the drink putting a few more ice cubes in with the shot.

   We finished our waffles and went to the living room to hang out.

                                     Riki's POV

   We sat down in the living room, Nani spread out on a love sack we had in the corner while I was laying down on the sofa. I stared at her admiring her features. She had a round face yet a beautiful jawline. Her eyelashes were full just like her perfectly shaped eyebrows. She had full lips that were naturally tinted pink. Her skin was smooth, a beautiful shade of brown. She had a mole at the top of the right side of her nose and several other beauty marks on her cheeks. I could've admired her beauty for hours but I got flustered when she made eye contact with me. She just smiled and went back to what she was doing. We were getting closer, more comfortable with each other. Today we bonded, even if it was over waffles.

---------------------------------------------------------
Sorry I took so long to update. Finals week is this week. After that I'll probably update more often.

Hope you enjoy 😉