Teenage dream

Nani's POV

After a few seconds he still hadn't kissed back. I backed away embarrassed. "I'm sorry" I said, feeling sorry for making him uncomfortable. "I want to kiss you again" I heard his voice say. "What?" I asked confused. "Can I kiss you again?" He asked one more time. I just nodded and leaned in. I felt his soft plump lips touch mine. He seemed very inexperienced but that was ok. I cupped his face in my hands while his breath tickled my cheeks.

We pulled away from each other, hands still intertwined, hearts beating faster than usual, and smiles plastered on our faces. I broke into a fit of laughter "well damn" I said "so much for not liking you." He laughed with me. "Hey" he said, eyes still focus on our hands "will you date me?" I was confused by his question. Did he realize we were married?. He saw the confusion on my face and said "I want to date you like normal teenagers. Being husband and wife is just a label, I want to get to know you, the normal way."

That was what I had wanted, a relationship as a normal teenager. I had talked to plenty of guys before but none of them really interested me, they were all just fun. I was so focused on getting out of this arrangement to get into a normal relationship that I never even considered being in a relationship with Riki.

I smiled at him and said "of course, I'd love to date you." He pecked my lips once again and pulled away with red ears. "You know" I said "now that we're dating I think we should take a big fat nap together because I am exhausted." He chuckled, "you read my mind."

We got comfortable under the covers and I hugged him while laying my head in his chest. His heartbeat quickened the same way it had the first time we were in this position. I looked up at him and smiled. "Relax" I said. And he did, we fell into a deep slumber with the warmth we shared.

I probably could have stayed asleep till the next day considering how late we got home. I defined would have if I didn't wake up to the sound of Riki screaming at the top of his lungs while Konon attacked him aggressively with a pillow. Half awake I heard her yelling at him your a bad child, I raised you better than this, devil child, you're children.

It took me a good 5 minutes to realize she had completely misunderstood the situation. When I came to my senses I tried to stop her "Konon" I said. She stopped and placed the pillow over Riki's face. He tried to kick to free himself but neither of us paid any attention to him. "It's not what you think" I told her "we were just out yesterday and Riki showed me different places. We lost track of time and got home late. Then we just both accidentally fell asleep while watching a movie" I kept a few details out because she didn't need to know the full story. "Ok, I was just worried cause I'm in charge of you guys right now and I can't have anything weird happening" she said. "No I totally get it, he is your little brother after all." I said. I glanced over at him "talking about your little brother he stopped kicking"

Riki didn't actually faint or stop breathing he was just being dramatic. We were actually kind of worried when he wasn't responding but he dropped his little act when Bella said she'd come with a bucket of iced water to pour on him.

After a very eventful morning we went downstairs and sat in the living room on our phones, a random movie playing in the background. After a while I got bored and and extremely hot. I started sweating and looked around to see that everyone else seemed to be in an equally bad state. "Hey" I spoke up "how about we go to the pool." "You're a literal genius" Konon said.

Everyone went up to their rooms to change. I got out a baby pink two piece and a small skirt that tied together at my hips to wear on my way downstairs. I also put my hair into two braids so that I didn't get too tangled in the water.

When I got downstairs Riki and Bella had already gotten in the pool. They were spraying each other with water guns, taking their little fight a little more seriously than they should.

I put my stuff on one of the pool side chairs and jumped in.

As I felt the cold water hit my skin I let myself sink down to the bottom, letting myself come to terms with what my life has become. As I rose back up to the surface once again letting the air fill my lungs. When my vision clears up I look at Bella and Riki both looking at me with smiles on their faces and I see both my worlds, both my lives joining into one. I finally let myself realize that starting a new life here with Riki doesn't mean I have to forget about the life I lived before.

The pool was great. Me and Bella connected with our childhood selves and played mermaids. Even after judging us and teasing us Riki joined in. Riki left the pool for a while without telling us where he was going. He came back a few minutes later with water guns. Holding a weapon in my hand, even when it only shot water, made me very competitive. Apparently it did the same thing to Riki. He made it clear after "accidentally shooting water in Bella's eye. Our water gun privileges were taken away by Konon.

We swam for a while longer, waiting for the pool lights to turn on. They finally did and we enjoyed the different hues of color filling the big pool. About 10 minutes later we decided to head inside and change.

We went into our rooms to shower. After showering for what felt like an hour I got out and moisturized my skin since the pool always dries me out. I got into my shorts and an oversized t-shirt. While letting my hair dry I sat down on my bed scrolling through my phone, checking my messages and seeing pictures my family have sent of my nephews and nieces. I heard a faint knock on my door. I looked up to see Riki. I put my phone down and invited him in.

He walked towards my bed to give me a hug, "hey nani" he said. "Hey Riki," I smiled back at him. "Wanna go on a boba date?" he asked. My smile grew wider, "now how could I say no to that?"