An end to problems

---Next day---

Since I covered for Eunji yesterday, she insisted on me taking the day off and heading home with Taeyong as he'll be discharged today. But before that, I had something else to do.

I headed to Taeyong's house along with Jaehyun. He brought Taeho and Hana along as we entered their house. We walked into Mr. Lee's study.

Jaehyun pushed the two to the ground as Mr Lee had a confused expression.

"What is going on?" He asked looking at Jaehyun. 

"Mr. Lee, the one who you raised happens to be the one you're searching for," I spoke.

"I don't understand what you're saying," 

"Your son, Lee Taeho is the mole," He looked at me in disbelief.

"How dare you accuse my son?! He won't do something like that. And how can you enter without my permission?" 

"It's surprising you still choose to believe your son than what I'm saying. I am not accusing anyone. I'm telling you the truth, Mr Lee. *grabs file* This is the proof of him betraying the family. To become the leader, he went to many extents, one of them being killing Taeyong and acquiring me," I said as he looked through the file and told him everything that happened last night.

"I am here to finish off what my husband started. I don't want him to be stressed out while he's still healing. I've turned in everything Taeyong collected. It's up to you to believe it or not," He slammed the file on the table and walked over to Taeho.

"I am ashamed to call you my son!" He said and slapped him.

"And you! *points at Hana* I didn't kill your father. He shot himself dead before I could churn out some information from him. Everyone framed me but I didn't need to prove anyone cause I know I didn't do it. But I never expected you'd seek revenge," He held his forehead and almost lost his balance. I hurried to him and made him sit on the chair and offered him some water. 

I know it's a lot of information to digest at a time. 

"I was a fool all while. I never knew the mole was from my house," He said in distress.

"Y/n... you tell me what I should do," I looked at him surprised as he held my hand and looked at me with hope. 

"M-me?" 

"Yes, you. You were the one who got hurt. They hurt Taeyong as well. It will be right only if you give them the punishment," 

"But, I... I don't know anything about-"

"You can do it," I heard a voice from behind. I was surprised to see Taeyong by the door as I turned. He walked towards us and stood by me.

"Taeyong, what are you doing here? I thought the discharge process was still going on," 

"I came here to do what you were doing but looks like my work's done. Like father said... It's your call," I looked at his father who gave me a nod.

"What he did is unforgivable. He tried to hurt me, my husband, the family, and the mafia. He should be executed for what he did. But... as a person who saves lives, I don't want to take a life away," I paused and looked at Taeyong.

"He doesn't seem to realize what he has done... Removing his name from the mafia family to maintain our family's reputation and making him stay hidden for the rest of his life is what we can do. If he dares to step out or in here, he'll be punished severely or killed. This is what I want him to face for harming my husband,"

"I hope you heard that. You both will be staying in the cellar without being involved in any family matters anymore. Jaehyun, I hope you'll look into everything that Y/n mentioned," He said and Jaehyun gave a nod. He took them both out and it was only us three.

There was silence for a while until Mr. Lee broke it.

"I never expected something like this would happen. My son... I never raised him to be like that,"

"Appa, things change, people change. He wanted power but because of his actions, he made himself powerless," 

"Y/n, your judgement today, proved worthy of you. You made my family and the mafia proud. I am very proud of you. You made me realise a lot of things. You're a good match for my son. I'm sure you'll be helpful to the mafia king in the future," His father said which made me shocked. I couldn't speak as I was overwhelmed with joy.

"Thanks a lot, Abeonim,"

"Mafia king?" Taeyong questioned while his father laughed.

"Yes, you, the mafia king,"

"But-"

"How long do you think I will be able to handle all this? It's high time I retire from this bloody war and let you take control of everything. You've proved yourself to be a good leader as you were working under my control. And you've got someone to support your journey," He said looking at me.

"You can take your time-"

"No father. I'll take up the position," 

"Are you sure? I'm giving you some time to think over it," Taeyong looked at me for a response.

"If you can handle it, I'm with you," I said intertwining my hand with his. 

"I'll accept your offer, just like my wife said,"

"Well, I'll do the needful," We headed out, not wanting to disturb him further. I stopped Taeyong before we could head downstairs.

"I should've left the decision-making to you. I don't feel like I made the right choice," 

"No, sweetheart. You made the right choice. If it were me, I would've just shot him dead. You thought not only about him trying to assault you but also about the family, our reputation, the mafia world, and me. I am very proud of you. I am touched and grateful to have you with me," He said, kissing my forehead.

"I had to think of you. He can't get away easily after hurting you. You are my everything, after all," I said looking at him and Taeyong smiled shyly. He slowly pushed me to the wall.

"What do you think you're doing?" He rubbed his nose against mine and his hands held my waist tightly.

"Just some romance," He whispered by my ear and licked my earlobe, making me shiver.

"Bubu... Not here," He looked at me with a disappointed look.

"I am all yours when we go home," I pecked his lip and he gave a nod. Taeyong's mother and Taeri stood by the staircase end, waiting for us.

"How are you feeling?" His mother asked worried.

"Eomma, I am feeling better. You don't need to worry about it. Y/n's here to take care of me,"

But she still seemed worried. Taeri put her arm around her shoulder and smiled.

"Eomma, it's Taeyong. We all know he's been hurt a lot of times and has become stronger. It's all just a piece of cake for him to recover fast,"

"He was alone then. Could take up any pain. But now... he has a person to care for and love. How worried will she be to see her husband lie there? What will I say to her if he can't make it?" She said as she held my hands.

"Eomma, I'm always in safe hands. I'll be alright," Taeyong said assuringly.

"It's lunchtime. Let's eat," We all gathered together and ate as we chatted.