The party

I looked at the sky and let out a sigh.

"I just wish you were by my side to comfort me," I said with a smile.

I lost track of the time I didn't realize I was staying here for longer until Taeyong called me out.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I looked at him.

"I should be asking you that. It's 11:00 p.m. What are doing out here?"

"Just chilling out here. You?"

"For a swim," He said and removed his shirt effortlessly.

He got into the water and pulled back up. He pushed his wet hair backwards and swam towards me. He leaned on my thighs and looked at me.

"Can you stop being physical? It kinda makes me feel uncomfortable,"

"I'm trying to but when I see you, I can't stop myself. You're such a strong magnet,"

"If that's supposed to be a pick-up line or a way to flirt with me, I'm sorry, it's not working," He pulled back and looked at me apologetically.

"My friends are quite eager to see my fiancee. There's a small get-together tomorrow evening. You need to come," He said as he swam backwards.

I didn't think a lot and gave a nod. If I disagree, he's gonna make me come somehow. What's the use of saying no?

He smiled and swam backwards. I ignored his presence and looked at the sky again.

'All I wish right now is to cry on your shoulder and blabber stuff.' A smile plastered on my face as I remembered some wonderful days with my dad.

"What's got you smiling like that?" 

"N-Nothing. It's getting late. I'll get going," I got up and left the room. I lay on the couch and fell asleep.

---Next day---

---In the evening---

The get-together Taeyong mentioned about is today. The main reason I agreed to the party was to find an escape from his hold. Taeyong entered the room with a bag in his hand snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"Wear this and be ready," I looked in the bag and found designer clothes.

"But I don't require this. My normal clothes are enough," 

"My fiancee deserves better and the best. So, don't waste your time and hurry up," I walked to the bathroom and wore it. I looked pretty good in it. I put my hair into a messy bun and headed out.

Outfit:

Taeyong looked at me stunned from top to bottom

Taeyong looked at me stunned from top to bottom. He came closer and held my hand in his. He kissed the back of my palm and looked at me.

"You look beautiful. We better leave before I rip that off your skin," My eyes grew twice the size. His comment got me off guard. That was so straightforward and shocking.

We got in his limo and Kang drove to the destination. Taeyong stayed silent during the entire ride which surprised me.

"We're here," Kang informed. Taeyong got down and helped me out.

"Real or not, I hope you know what you're supposed to do," 

"I do. You don't need to remind me all the time," We both walked in interlocking our arms. I stopped as I saw the number of people in front of us.

"I thought it was a 'small' party. Didn't know you have a lot of friends," 

"Don't worry. You'll be fine. I'll be by your side," He pressed my hand tightly assuring me. I nodded and we entered. 

"Woah! Look who's here! The man for tonight!" A guy shouted and approached us. Taeyong and he shared a hug and turned to me.

"Y/n, this is Jeong Jaehyun, my childhood friend. Jae, my fiancee, Lim Y/n," I bowed to him and smiled. They talked about something while I was busy admiring the surroundings. 

"TY!" An excited voice called him out. He let go of my hand and they hugged tightly.

"I missed you, a lot," the female voice said. Looking at their closeness, I couldn't help but feel a little jealous.

"Dude," Jaehyun said nudging Taeyong and looking my way. He broke the hug and looked at me.

"This is Kim Hana, my other close friend. Hana, this is Lim Y/n, my fiancee," She eyed me from top to bottom without an expression and put up a smile as our eyes met.

"Nice to meet you, Y/n. But... It's surprising to see TY agree to a marriage. It's so not like him," she said looking at me.

"Yeah! I thought you didn't like the idea of getting married," Jaehyun said.

"Well, it all changed ever since Y/n entered my life. She's very special to me," He said looking at me with loving eyes.

"Continue your romance at your home. There are a lot of singles out here. Don't hurt their poor hearts," We giggled at his comment.

"So, what do you do, Y/n?" Hana asked.

"Um... I'm a surgeon," Jaehyun looked at me surprised, and then at Taeyong.

"Looks like you've planned well on choosing your fiancee,"

"It's not like that. I truly love her," He said punching his chest.

"Boss, the master is calling you to have a chat," Kang said.

"I'll be back soon," He said looking at me, and left along with Jaehyun. I was left alone with her. It'd seem rude of me to walk away from her. So, I just stood there.

"You know, TY and I used to be together back then," she said with an evil smirk.

I understood what she was trying. Let me give her a taste of me.

"Well, he loves me now and wants to marry me. Why talk about something that didn't last long?" I could feel her getting pissed.

She got closer to me and whispered.

"You ain't one of us. You don't belong here. You better run off on your own if you don't want to be in my hands,"

"I'm afraid that I can't do so. Try all you want,"

"Taeyong is mine and has always been mine. I won't let you take him away from me,"

"Sorry girl but he's already mine," I said with a smile. 

"You girls getting well, together?" We heard Taeyong as he walked over to us.

"Well, I was just letting Y/n know how dangerous this world can be. It's safe for her to choose wisely before getting married. She shouldn't be harmed in the end, right?"

"Hana, thanks for your concern but I am pretty sure I can handle dangerous stuff. Moreover, there have been more dangerous situations I've seen in my life. This ain't gonna be a problem. And I'm sure Taeyong will be there to protect me," I stood up for myself.

"Of course, sweetheart," He pecked my cheek, making my eyes go wide. Hana looked at me with disgust and walked away.

"I told you guys to stop hurting our hearts," Jaehyun said but Taeyong ignored him and just focused his eyes on me. 

"You were pretty strong. I love that," I smiled shyly.

"I need to use the restroom. I'll be out soon,"

"You better be 'cause if you ain't coming out, I'll be in," I rolled my eyes and headed to the washroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror and was amazed at myself. I couldn't believe that was me back there, talking all bravely. I adjusted myself and headed out.

"Y/n, do you mind if we have a chat?" I heard a familiar voice.