Jordan and I didn't speak much once he became my stepbrother. Mainly because I was too angry at my father for moving on to even want to get to know him.

"I'll think about it" Is all I can really respond by. I can't promise him I'll show.

"How's Angie?" I can't help but ask, I don't have anything against her, she makes my father happy and I hope to find my own Angie one day.

"She's great, just missing you and Jordan, it's hard giving your babies away to college" It must be.

For the rest of our time together it isn't as bad as it could've been. Speaking to him gets easier every day.

"Sasha I do have one last thing to tell you" My dad speaks up before we go out separate ways.

"Talia's sister, your aunt Tam, she's sick and I think it might be similar to what your mad was going through" My dad speaks up.

My mother, Talia, she suffered from OCD followed by depression and she tried to hide it from me and Caroline but it was very clear she was going through something mentally and internally.

Tamia, her younger sister was there for us after her death but now hearing my father say she's getting sick. Not only does it frustrate me because depression isn't a sickness but it scares me. It makes me feel like everything left of my mother is disappearing.

Heading on my way back to campus I get a text from Ki, she's asking to meet and just seeing her name on my screen makes my body fill with relief.

K I M A N I

Cheering is a sport that honestly brings me the utmost excitement in the world.

Nobody else in my family does a sport and cheering is kinda just my own thing, but then again I have a lot of my own things.

In my household, everyone follows the same path as one another. Some type of doctor or some type of lawyer, but me?

I never found a passion in that, dance and cheer have always been something that bought me enjoyment.

I haven't seen Sasha for most of the day, he's honestly become so much of my daily routine that it's weird when I don't see him.

We haven't really established what we are either, I don't want to say it's a relationship or it's more than friends but I'm not even sure myself. We've been on a date yes, we've had sex yes.

We just don't have the title, and I'm not sure if that makes me feel better or worse. But this has been ongoing for a little while now and with the person I am, I really do need clarification.

I texted him to meet me at my dorm and before I know it he's here which came faster than I expected.

"Hi beautiful" He immediately speaks up followed by him pulling me into a kiss not even seconds after I open the door for him.

I let the kiss continue and follow us into the dorm. Then I finally snap out of it and remember my question.

"Sasha" I speak into the kiss and he pulls away stopping for a second and looking at me with an urge for me to speak.

"I can't help but wonder, what's going on between us? I mean I know what's going on but like, what's going on?" Why am I so awkward?

He stares at me a little confused for a second before his eyes widen slightly in realization.

"Friends" He speaks up without giving it a second thought.

"Friends?" I question.

I don't have an issue with being friends, I think. I just thought with the sex we've been having, the personal conversations, the dates. I was starting to get the impression that he liked me.

Well no, I know he likes me but maybe it's not enough to be more than friends?

"Yeah," He nods followed by him looking down at his Apple watch he looks a little off.

"Sash-" I go to speak, confronting him about this whole "Friends" thing, but he cuts me off.

"I gotta go make sure Ivys good, I left her with Alex" He plants a kiss on my cheek before heading out, leaving me even more confused.

I take that as my sign to maybe just drop it for the night, and that's just what I do. Until hours later I'm getting a call from Ivy.

"Ivy, are you okay? I'm so sorry about the gummy bears, I texted to make sure you were okay the second I found out but you didn't respond" I speak really fast over the phone.

"Yeah I'm good, I just think I'm a lightweight honestly Ki, but I'm with Alex and we're about to have an overnight tutor session because I was slumped all" She speaks up and I nod.

"How are you and Sash?" I can feel her smiling through the phone.

"Just friends" I speak up and the line goes silent.

"What do you mean just friends? That boy was eating you out of your panties" She sounds just as confused as me.

"Yeah he told me he was meeting with his father and I told him to see me after and when he came I decided to ask him what were we. I mean I wasn't expecting to hear be my girlfriend or anything. But friends? Ivy." I deadpan.

"I know Ki, he didn't say like fuck buddies or something, he just said friends? Not friends with benefits, or that you guys are talking, nothing?" She asks and I mumble out a no.

"Well take it from me, Ki, Sasha did see his father and maybe just maybe something happened and he's just pushing you away. Or maybe he's really a dick and sees you as a friend after all that happened" Ivy speaks.

"Ivanna" I hear Alex shout in the background.

"Are you two like?" I begin to ask and she laughs.

"Never, ever, ever, in a million years, He's stressed about his test and I'm coming down from a high and I've been stalling in the bathroom trying to job my memory of what we were learning but I should go, text me if you need me Ki" She speaks before hanging up.

Friends?

A/N: I will update better choices very soon, i just thought i should get this made for me update out so this book can start getting more views and such since better choices is coming to an end in a couple more chapters. Also my new book may or may not be coming veryyyyy soon, i just don't know if i'm mentally ready because school is starting real soon and i'm gonna have to balance it all once again. but i do my best work under stress, i wrote bad decisions while i was in the worst depression and stressed out state, like give me my flowers.