Chapter Thirty-Five

Start from the beginning

"Oh my God, what is this for?" Fahayra asked Joe.

"It's a surprise party for you," Joe answered.

"For what?" Fahayra asked him.

"Your EP," Joe told her.

Fahayra walks around the room, greeting everyone.

"You had no idea?" Seema asked Fahayra.

"No, I had no clue," Fahayra answered.

"I can't believe not one person here didn't say anything," Catya said.

"You know these people know how to keep a secret," Fahayra said as she pursed her lips.

Joe and Kandi got up on stage and explained why they threw the party for Fahayra. Fahayra was shocked. She didn't think she would ever share her music with everyone but for Joe and Kandi to do this for her was so amazing.

Fahayra took the mic from Joe and thanked Kandi and Joe for the party while deciding to share her reason for recording music.

"I've been working on this music throughout everything, mapping out my emotions and putting in things that I've gone through, It's emotional and it's me really being vulnerable and just saying the things that a lot of people feel when you have a heartache. When you go through something like I did, you lean on music. It was really important to me, so I hope you all love it," Fahayra explained.

The DJ starts playing the first single from Fahayra's EP, Flatline.

"She has good pitch," Jonathan said as he nods listening to the song.

Aleni and Khloe walk into the party and everyone is looking like they're aliens.

"Damn, he ain't playing," Joshua said as he shakes his head at his older cousin's antics.

Aleni loves being unpredictable and his new relationship with Khloe was truly unprecedented.

"Since when he started dating a Kardashian?" Jacob asked Joshua.

"It's been a week, I think," Joshua answered.

"What the hell? How did he manage to keep that a secret?" Trinity asked.

"You know Aleni he doesn't tell anyone about who is dating unless he thinks it might go somewhere," Jonathan answered.

Aleni and Khloe walk over to the group. Fahayra hugs Khloe and then Aleni. "Y'all look good together. I'm the best matchmaker ever," She said as she smiled at the new courtship in front of her.

"I love the music, and yes, you are. You were right about him," Khloe said as she whispered the last part to Fahayra.

"I hope you're releasing the EP soon, I'm ready to pretend Trinity broke my heart in the shower," Jonathan said causing the group to laugh.

"I guess I can release it tonight," Fahayra said.