Chapter 45 - Definitely Sakura

Vote and Comment!

RECAP:

"Akita, you're weak. You don't got this...we're going to help you..."

Ryuu nodded his blonde head and ran around Akira blowing some mysterious gas around the smoke she was in. I wasn't sure what was going to happen, but I wouldn't have figured it out anyway for Akoto soon intervened, grabbing his sister by her collar and jumping to a safe distance at a tree and putting one free hand in the air.

"There's no need for all this," he spoke as he looked upon us. "It is obvious we can't fight that beast. We came for Akita and only Akita. The sound nin have retreated, we must do the same and recalibrate." He looked towards his sister and shoved her to her senses, "Get Akio, we must return to Lord Orochimaru. And as for you dear sister, we shall be back..."

And just like that they all disappeared in a puff of smoke.

It was over?

"Thank God..."

I guess I must've collapsed after than because all I remembered after was laying on the ground with Haru, Aimi, and Ryuu standing above me.

=========================================================================================================

I was being rocked back and forth. At first I had thought I was on a boat, but almost slapped myself at the through. I recalled my last memories, which were me fighting my siblings and collapsing in front of Aimi and Haru. Someone was carrying me. My eyes were too heavy to lift so I didn't know who exactly, but it smelled and felt like Haru. His grip was tight and secure around me and I could feel the wind blowing in my face indicating that he was moving fast, but when the wind stopped, I knew he began walking.

The crunching of feet made aware of the many people around, there had to be around six or so others. Where were they going?

"Huh, what are you guys doin-" that sounded like Naruto, "What team 6 doing here-woah, it's Akita!" Footsteps were rushed over to me.

"Akita! What happened?!"

I cringed, but couldn't reply. I was far too tired and worn out. Everything from my eyelids and my toes burned and ached. I was all maxed out.

"Shh," I felt the breath come from Haru, "She's banged up pretty ba-"

"What did you do to her?!" The new voice sounded angry.

My body was swayed back, "Us?!" Haru's anger vibrated through me.

I heard a shuffle, "Relax, Sasuke, we saved her." It was Aimi.

"Yea," Ryuu spoke, "if it weren't for us, she'd be a goner. We figured we'd track you guys down and bring her to you."

There was some silence.

"Who..." a timid voice began, "who did this to her?"

I didn't want them to know, so with all my strength that could possibly muster, I forced a cough.

"Ok, we'll take her from here..." Someone was reaching forward, and Haru didn't immediately hand me over or move. If felt like moments before Aimi spoke up and I was placed into another set of arms. If I had any more energy, I would've gasped.

"Take care of her, Uchiha."

*

Sasuke watched as Team 6 turned and left, and it wasn't until they were completely gone before he squatted down with Akita in his arms. He had watched them before when they came and once he noticed Haru with her in his arms, there was an overwhelming sensation to get her into his own, or at least, out of the blue haired boy's.

Akita laid limp in his arms, her lips slightly parted and her messy and matted hair covering her closed eyes. She had scratches and bruises all over her body and parts of her clothes torn and dirty. Sasuke sighed and looked up.

"We have to move. This area is no longer safe."

Sakura nodded her head, but froze, "Yeah, but we'll have to do that tomorrow or something. You're in no shape to move right now, especially after what y-" Sasuke stopped her before she continued. He knew what he had done, he didn't need her to remind him.

"I know. But I'll be fine once we-" he tried to get up and fell back down with Akita when a sharp pain jolted to his neck.

Sakura narrowed her eyes, "You can't carry Akita and walk at the same time," then she murmured to herself, "even the great Uchiha has his limits."

"Naruto...what are you looking at?" Naruto, who was quieter than usual, looked up.

"There's something on her shoulder... it's growing," Sakura and Sasuke turned to Akita. Sasuke lifted her up higher and got a better view. His heart nearly jumped, thinking it was a curse mark. But once he saw it, he sighed. It was a curved orange-like color and he had seen it before. It was not a curse mark.

"Her stripes?" Sakura tilted her head, "they're coming back... is...is that good?"

"Let's just find some shelter for now."

*

When I came to and could finally move, I had found that I was actually alone. I sat up and looked around, a bit alarmed. But I calmed when I saw Sakura (never thought I'd see the day, I'd be relieved to see her) walking towards me with some sticks in her hand.

"Oh, Akita, you're awake!"

"And hungry." I murmured when I felt my stomach start to growl. I looked around again, "Where's Sasuke and Naruto?"

Sakura placed the pile of sticks in one hand and put her other one out to me. Something about her was different.

"Sakura," I gasped, "what happened to your hair?"

She smiled and shrugged, "Well, I realized that there are more important things than beauty...like being a real ninja." I stared at her with wide eyes.

"Okay, okay," I raised my hands in the air, "who are you and what have you done to Sakura Haruno?"

She giggled, "Akita, I'm serious! It's me, I just had a reality check while you were gone," she rubbed her shoulder and gave me a smile, "C'mon now that you're awake we can go see Sasuke-kun...and Naruto." She grabbed my arm and helped me up. I narrowed my eyes as she brought my arm around her shoulder.

"Ok...I believe you a little bit..."

"ALRIGHT!" It was Naruto's voice. He had made four other clones at the top of some sort of a cliff in the middle of the river. He...well they all jumped together into the water. "BOMBS AWAY!"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What's he doing?"

We made our way over to Sasuke who was throwing kunai's at the fish that jumped in the air. Sakura set me down and started clapping, jumping up and giggling.

"Yay, you did it Sasuke!"

I sighed, "Ok, you're definitely, Sakura."

Thanks, vote & comment!