Revelation

A/N - check out my update schedule's book to find out when new chapters of this book will be available.

Two weeks later
Monday 19th February 2018
Jess's POV

Today is the day! I repeat, today is the day!

I've never been more excited to recieve the results of anything as I am today. After two long weeks, like seriously how can time drag so much, I'm finally getting the results of my DNA test back.

So, unlike most morning's where I drag myself out of bed and head to school looking and feeling like a zombie. Today, I'm already feeling energised and for once feel like I might actually make the effort to try and look remotely human.

Pressing play on the radio that sits on my dresser, the faint hum of Lose Yourself by Eminem fills my ears. I think what about what a coincidence it is. The night I decided to take the DNA test, this song was playing and now just hours before I get the results, it's once again playing.

I can't help but laugh as I think about how Alex would be telling me what a good sign this is and Lexi would be saying it's a terrible sign from the universe. Me? I'd never believed in manifestation and all this 'sign from the universe' nonsense. I did note however that it was putting me in an even better mood.

________________________________

Arriving at school I remembered the teacher explaining that anyone who'd participated in the testing should meet in the Science Lab at the start of break. I was way too eager to wait another 2 hours though, the anticipation was eating me alive. This could be the best day of my life, the day I finally feel accepted. Deep down the nerves and doubt that it could be the complete opposite also began to take over.

I made the fast decision that I would go and find my teacher or the Sixth Former's conducting the research now before class.

___________________________________

As if I was doing some kind of raid, I burst through the classroom door nearly taking it off it's hinges.

"Morning Jess, you okay?" My Biology teacher Mr Stevens asked me. I'd always loved him and he was one of the few people I felt I really fit in with.

"Yes sir, you? I was hoping you could give me my DNA results early please?"

"I'm sorry Jess but it's only fair that you wait for the results with the rest of the class."

"Please, there's nothing you can do?" I don't want to beg but my excitement and anticipation is too much.

"Fine but you're not to tell anyone you found out early, okay?"

"Okay, thanks so, so much sir."

I stand there awkwardly watching him search through a pile of envelopes until he finds the one with Jessica Andrews written on it. He hands it over, telling me to go ahead and open it.

It's crazy to me that my future and outlook on life is held within this small piece of paper...

A/N - I'm sorry, I know I said the test results would be in this chapter but I ran out of time to write it. I still wanted to stick to my schedule and get an update out today. Don't worry, it's coming soon.

As always, any feedback or suggestions are welcome.

~ Im 💕