Yuan Qiao understood after hearing the words, his second brother wanted to get a new picture to hang up when the emperor inspected at the end of the year, just for superficiality.

This reminded him of his days in the military academy before he passed the book. At that time, at the end of the year, various colleges would make such nonsense and compare each other.

Although it's not a big deal, if someone's facade is done well, it's still quite face-saving.

Thinking about it this way, his second brother might want to secretly compete with the patrol battalion during the year-end emperor's patrol!

With this in mind, Yuan Qiao decided to help her second brother draw this picture.

Fortunately, when he was in the military academy, he had taken the elective course of surveying and mapping, and with the original map as a reference, it was not too difficult.

On the same day, Yuan Junke sent his relatives to accompany Chen Nian, and took Yuan Qiao around the palace for most of the day.

They first confirmed the altered palaces on the original map one by one, and then Yuan Qiao took a pen and paper to sketch every palace that had been worked on.

In order to strive for vividness, Yuan Qiao specially got some dyes, planning to make the new map of the palace into color. The palace garden with red walls and green tiles, the imperial garden full of flowers, and even the pavilions built along the water are decorated with ponds full of summer lotuses... Anyway, what the superficial effort wants is to be lively and eye-catching, different from others.

Wei Nanci was summoned to the imperial study to discuss matters, and when he came out, he saw Yuan Qiao sitting in the pavilion drawing from a distance.

"Why is he here?" Wei Nanci asked the servant next to him.

"The young master of the Yuan family has been in the palace for half a day today, and has been busy writing and drawing."

"Where did he go?"

"I went to many places, but I don't know the details."

Wei Nanci raised his eyebrows, thinking that no matter how good he is, he wouldn't come to the palace to paint, right?

If he didn't take the initiative to come, then he could only be invited.

And it's clear that he's painting scenes from the palace, not people.

Who would ask him to come to the palace to paint this?

"Vice Commander Wei, what's the matter?" the servant asked.

"Wait for me to leave in a while, help me pass a message to Young Master Yuan." Wei Nan resigned.

"Please tell me."

"Just say... tonight, I will wait for him at the old place."

After Wei Nan said his words, he left without looking back.

When Yuan Qiao received the message from the servant, she couldn't help being startled.

He didn't even see Wei Nanci, and he didn't know when the other party passed by.

"What does Wei Nan's speech mean?" Chen Nian beside him asked puzzled, "What old place?"

Yuan Qiao smiled awkwardly, and said: "It's nothing...he may have asked me about the sound of the arrow."

Hearing what he said, Chen Nian didn't ask any more questions.

At dusk, Yuan Jing hurried out of the palace.