Chapter 8 - The Other Side of Horikita Suzune

Start from the beginning

Kiyotaka: "I think we all could. By the way, I don't think I've seen you come this early before is there a reason you're here this early?" There still was a possibility she wasn't here because of me. Maybe she wanted to confront this person as soon as possible in the morning. Her actions when I entered could also be dismissed as actions of an overly expressive and kind person. With the mask she is wearing, and her effectiveness at doing so, it wouldn't be a suprise for her to have calculated all of her actions before hand.

Kiyotaka: "What are you doing here? I never see you here this early."

Kushida: "Oh I just wanted to talk to Ayanokoji-kun." Oh

Kiyotaka: "I don't think we've ever talked before though. So I don't see why you would want to talk to me."

Kushida: "Well I want to be friends with everyone and I want to ask a favour from Ayanokoji-kun." Bull shit.

Kiyotaka: "Understandable. What did you want to talk about?"

Kushida: "Well... it's just that after the last test I wanted to set up a study group."

Kiyotaka: "I see, and how does this involve me?"

Kushida: "Well I've seen you talk to Horikita-san once and I was wondering if you guys were friends." Friends... why would she ever be friends with her? I've merely had the displeasure of talking to her. She is undoubtly smarter than the regular person, but that does not warrant her arrogance towards others. She doesn't even match up to the likes of a White Room drop out yet she acts like she is the smartest person in the room at all times.

Kiyotaka: "I don't know where you got that impression but no, we aren't friends. We barley have even spoke."

Kushida: "B-but to my knowledge you're the only person she's ever even talked to."

Kiyotaka: "What ever assumption you made, I apologize but they weren't true."

Kushida: "Oh... I thought... nevermind." She looked down at the ground, I think she was trying to gain some sympathy from me. "H-however but could you help me try and get her to help out in the study group? She's really smart and could really help our class."

Her acting was flawless, not as good as Ai's, but she would have fooled any ordinary person. She adjusted her tone where needed, repositioned her body to make her seem more vulnerable, and manipulated the scenario so it would seem like she was making a very personal request while still seeming selfless. It was an impressive display, but I have no time for impressive. I would give her a nothing response and do nothing with it.

But if I do help her it might help my social standing within the school. I'll just be another guy that was willing to anything the "angel of class D" said. I thought about it a bit more and came to the conclusion that should the opportunity reveal itself I would act in aid of Kushida, but otherwise I would do nothing.

Kiyotaka: "I have no guarntees but I'll see what I can do."

Kushida: "Thank you Ayanokoji-kun!" She pressed herself against my body. Another great way that would make any other boy fold. Most likely falling for her charm then and there. Unfortunately for her, I am no ordinary boy.

Kiyotaka: "It's nothing. It's the least I can do anyways."

Kushida: "Still I'm really grateful!"

Kiyotaka: "[Sigh] Well if that's all I'll be going to my seat."

Kushida: "Ah, I guess you're not used to talking to people this early huh. Well I'll leave you be for now." She flashed me a well crafted smile then returned to stting at her desk. How troublesome for me.