Chapter 82: Pregnant

Start from the beginning

Arya looked at Ethan mockingly, her eyes gleaming with annoyance.

"I never knew that you were someone like this!"

"Arya, I know the military academy incident isn't like what they said... I believe you!" Ethan explained with his eyebrows knotted.

Arya laughed. "It doesn't matter if you believe it or not. It's not important."

She suddenly took a deep breath and focused on the warm sunset.

"I've forgotten all about the past already. I just hope this matter can pass by quickly. Everyone can go on and live their own peaceful lives. Let everything go back to the times when you two weren't back.

"I really don't want to see you, so please don't contact me again. Just act as if we never knew each other. I don't want us to be involved in any way. Moreover, it's unfair to him as well."

Her distant words and her gaze when she turned around and looked at him felt as if she was just looking at a stranger.

Those eyes and those words made him felt chilly.

"Just like how you wanted me to let go of you and Victoria... Maybe she's being truthful with you. You don't have to cancel your marriage with her. You told me yourself that your love for Victoria is true love..."

"Arya, you don't have to mock me with those words. I know that I've let you down. My young self is all there is to blame." Ethan could not stand listening to Arya's words. "It's all in the past now. I don't want to go deep into it. All these years, I've been..."

"Yeah, it's all in the past..." Arya agreed with him. She averted her gaze and turned away from him.

"I won't be angry at you because of Victoria, but regarding the orphanage, I'm really... As for Victoria's scandal, I owe up to them."

She was being honest. "She breached my bottom line again and again, so I can't just let her be anymore. I know that you might still help Johns Media this time, but I won't just stop here. Watch out."

"Arya!" He wanted to grab her hand as she walked past him, but her cold eyes forced him away.

"Don't call me again, CEO Ethan. I don't want to change my number again. Also, regarding the South River project, Glory World isn't going to back off."

She left those words with a powerful stance before departing.

She walked away under the warm sunset. The whole sky appeared to have lost its colour due to her departure and even the fresh scent in the air disappeared as well.

Ethan clenched his fists and took a deep breath. He closed his eyes for a moment and then opened them again. Finally, he moved away and walked up the staircase, leaving a long and lonely shadow.

When she arrived back at the car, Xavier was reading some documents in the front passenger seat, while Rick and the bodyguard were sitting in the car behind.

"Where else are we going?" She asked as she started the car.

"Go home straight." He put the documents away and stared at her, but he started frowning when he saw the dull expression on her face.

"What did you guys talk about just now? Weren't you alright just a moment ago?"

He was very upset with Ethan. He was protecting her so carefully and trying to make her happy, but now the man had made her sad. Was he trying to make all his effort futile?

He was angry, but he suppressed it when he saw her expression.

Naturally, Arya knew how he felt. She sighed,