Chapter 6: When the Wind Rises and Rain Stops

Even though Emma culinary skills were excellent, Arya could not eat much. She did not have any appetite after a bowl of the soup and a piece of dim sum.

Xavier picked up a call across her. Before he finished his breakfast, he got up and went upstairs.

It was only after about over an hour that she saw him on the phone again as he walked downstairs. When he saw Arya watching television on the sofa and waiting, he gently raised a hand to gesture to her. Arya nodded and then walked over to take her keys from the coffee table.

She had just stepped out of the villa entrance when Arya saw her car parked by the roadside from afar while his low-profile Phaeton was parked behind her car.

Arya frowned. She suddenly stopped and turned to look at the man behind her. When she saw him still on the phone and even flipping through the documents in his hand, she thought it must be something related to work.

When he saw Arya stopping to watch him, Xavier looked up at her too. His hand reached into his pocket and took out a car key before passing it to Arya.

He was clearly implying for her to drive his car.

What about her car?

Arya looked a little at lost at him, yet she saw that he had already tossed the car key to her. Still on the phone, he walked toward the front passenger seat of his car.

She caught the car keys and could only helplessly slide into the driver's seat of the Phaeton. She pulled open the door to hop in and very quickly started the engine. With the ease of practice, she reversed the car and in the blink of an eye, the car was already steadily driving away from the Maple Residence Villa.

"Mmm, later I'll go over to take a look. You guys just prepare the proposal. Tomorrow, I'll be back at the company. Send the proposal to my desk next Monday. Any questions?"

Xavier flipped through the documents on his lap as he spoke on the phone.

A while after, he hung up.

"Where're we going?"

She could tell that he seemed to be quite busy. He had just hung up on a call when another one came after.

"Take the Express Ring. Go to the south of the city. South River bridge." He mentioned a place, then looked up at Arya.

"Do you know the way?"

Arya nodded before she pointed at the car's GPS. "Even if I don't, there's this."

Xavier smiled. He put his documents away and turned to look out the window. It was already close to noon time then. All around, he could see many cars zip by while on both sides of the sidewalk, pedestrians walked in a rush.

He suddenly bent down, took a CD out and put it into the player. A soft and relaxing light tune started to pour out from the speakers.

The tune was one that Arya was very familiar with. It was a piano number that she also really liked— "Ballade pour Adeline".

"You like Richard Clayderman's music too?"

Xavier straightened his back before slowly leaning back. There was a faint ease on his handsome face.

"I listen to it sometimes. Do you know how to play the piano?"

As Arya listened, she then shook her head a little defeatedly.

"When I was younger, I envied those who could play the piano very much. I thought of learning when I started school, but maybe because I'm born clueless about music... I remember when I was in university, I chose a piano course. Later on, my teacher asked me to choose another specialty. She was worried that I wouldn't be able to score and wouldn't get my diploma."