Chapter 89: Heavy Bomb! (2)

"No! That's not it, Ethan! Listen to me! Please listen to me!"

"Listen to you? What else do you have to say about this? If I'm not wrong, the exposure of Arya's expulsion was done by you, wasn't it? Only you and know it the best. What more do you have to say for yourself?"

Ethan grabbed the papers and flung them towards Victoria angrily. His eyes were burning with rage as he stared at her coldly.

"So, you've been treating me like a toy and playing with me ever since? Using my trust and lying to me?"

The papers hit Victoria like a heavy hammer, thudding a heavy impact on her heart. She shed endless tears and felt remorseful as she held onto Ethan.

"I'm sorry, Ethan! I really am... I'll change. I'll change all of my bad habits! I'm too in love with you. If I don't fight for you, are you asking me to suffer in pain to death?"

"I've decided to give up everything and start anew. I want to be your good wife, so please, let the past stay in the past. We'll start over again, okay? Please..."

Victoria could not care less about the tears all over her face. She grabbed Ethan's arm tightly, refusing to let him leave.

"Let go of me! Married? This is the most ironic word in this world right now!"

Ethan's chest almost burst. If he did not control himself, he could be strangling this woman to death at that moment.

He had treated her preciously, was willing to take on the traitor's role for her and hurt his fiancée back then. However, what he got in return was a decade-long lie!

Was this karma?

After putting up with her selfish decisions, again and again, he struggled for a long time before accepting her again and was even willing to marry her and start their life anew for the child inside her.

But now?

How could she!?

If it was about the stabbing incident, he could still tolerate it and let it go because Ethan himself liked Victoria before then as well. However, as more and more bits of truth were revealed to him, how could he believe that the woman he had been protecting was someone like this?

Most unfortunately, he just got married to her!

"No! No! Ethan, please don't be like this..."

Victoria flung her arms around Ethan's waist, her loud wail making Layla, Madison, and the others return to their senses.

"Victoria, I think we need some time apart. Let go of me!"

Exhausted, Ethan pulled Victoria's hands away coldly and was about to leave.

"No! Ethan, don't go! No..."

"Stop right there! Stop!"

What happened next was unexpected. No one could react as they saw what unfolded before them, especially Madison and the others!

Elder Martinez yelled at them as he slammed the table once again,

"What do you mean now? Do you still treat us as your elders with that attitude of yours?"

"Victoria, you... Ethan, don't be rash. Everyone, let's calm down. This is not solving anything!" Logan finally spoke up, glancing over at Elder Martinez's darkened expression with his knitted brows. He looked at Ethan and Victoria.

"What's happening? About Arya..."

"It's all in the disc and those documents. Take a look at them yourself. I need some time alone. I'm sorry!"