Chapter 72: Argument

After the meeting adjourned, Liam spoke with Kristina about the shares transfer. Arya stood by the corridor and browsed through Johns Media's company policies and some advertisements on the notice board.

After taking just a few glances, there was the sound of footsteps right behind her. A familiar perfume scent lingered as well, and she did not even need to guess who exactly had come up to her.

"I have nothing to say even if you want to embarrass me, but isn't it too much to do that to Grandmother? You know that her body isn't very well, so why do you have to get her so worked up?"

Arya saw an angry-looking Victoria when she turned around. Her beautiful face was now filled with rage as her pretty eyes glimmered with sharpness.

"Don't speak as if you're the goddess of justice. You should've expected what happened today when you went to my mother for this document. You planned to use the orphanage and threaten me to hand the document over, so you should know very well if you have other intentions," Arya looked at her and spoke calmly.

"What other intentions could I possibly have? It's just you who thinks that I'm a terrible person..." Victoria's voice was sad.

"That gift was supposed to be compensation for you..."

"Really? Compensation? You'd send my compensation into the hands of CEO Kristina? Knowing that you can use this to threaten me? I'm really impressed by your persistence, Victoria. You never let go of anything that might control me."

"Didn't Grandmother say she would compensate you? Those things are useless in your hands anyway. Grandmother wanted that document back because she was afraid that you'd sell it to someone else. Johns Media can't take on any more blows. Don't you know how much effort Grandmother and Mother have put in all these years? How could you?"

Victoria almost could not hold in her anger when she saw Arya's indifferent expression.

"Just what do you want? Did you do all this just to take revenge on me? Tell me!"

"I want Johns Media. Give it up," Arya demanded coldly before Victoria could finish her sentence. She threw her a quiet glance.

"It isn't a tough request, is it? I'm sure you can do that. Didn't you say that you owed me and wanted to compensate me?"

"You..." Victoria's face turned pale as she stared at Arya, not knowing what to say.

"You're such a generous person. You could even donate Ethan's engagement present to you, so this shouldn't be too difficult. I know you never minded these things, and now I'm willing to take it from you in order to lessen your burden. You should really thank me for it."

She looked at Victoria's pale, little face. Of course, she did not miss her clenched fists. Arya smiled.

"Your endurance and acting probably need to level up. Otherwise, I'm afraid that you might not be able to keep it up with what's going to happen next. By the way, last time, I sort of mentioned to Evelyn about Thomas not receiving her love letter. I wonder if she's asked you about it..."

"Arya! You... You're trying to make us go against each other!" Victoria was shocked. Her body froze up slightly with a massive change in expression.

Arya smiled sweetly. "Why are you so nervous? Didn't you use the same way to destroy my relationships with my friends? Moreover, I was just telling the truth... Don't look at me with such angry eyes. I know that you hate me very much. Of course, I feel the same as well, so... you can act in front of the others, but there's no need to do so when we're alone."

She did not say anything for a while, but her eyes definitely changed. Arya smiled and then turned around, preparing to leave.

"What did you tell her? Don't you go before we talk this out!"