23: Sync

"LET'S go, Jetty." Letty tugged her twin sister's hands when they were both interrupted by a phone ringing loudly. When she checks who the caller is, she swallowed an amount of spit before looking at her twin who is also looking back at her. She blinked twice before showing her the phone's screen. "It's Dad. Hinahanap na tayo nito."

The twins looked at each other before Jetty closes the notebook. "Dalhin natin ito, please? Don't tell him."

Letty sighed in defeat as she stood up and dusted her pants. "Come on. Nag-text na siya. Lagot tayo nito. I missed his call."

"Payag ka na? Dadalhin natin ito, okay?" Jetty beams, ignoring her twin's worries.

The other girl nods. "Promise me na ibabalik natin iyan sa may-ari."

"That's my original plan." Jetty then stood up too, hugging the notebook protectively. "Kahit hindi mo sabihin, I will still come back here."

"Yeah, whatever!" Letty deeply sighed as she dialed her Dad's number. "Hi, Dad! We're on our way na po. She's here..."

"Daddy, pauwi na po kami. Labyoooo!" Jetty chirped. She may be fierce from other people's perspective but she's a real softie to her Dad and to her twin.

"Bilisan niyo. Aabutan kayo ng ulan. Wala kayong dalang payong. Mga pasaway," their Dad spoke that made them giggles.

"Ito na. Palabas na kami ng park. Susunduin mo ba kami, Dad?" Letty grins.

They heard him chuckle. "Inutusan ko ba kayong gumala? Ang sabi ko mag-aral. Umuwi kayong mag-isa. Malalaki na naman kayo. Ang lapit lang ng bahay natin, tsk!"

"Yieeee, rinig ko ang kalimbang ng car keys mo. You're gonna take us to an ice cream shop, don't you?" Jetty yelps in glee.

"Hintay kayo sa waiting shed. Letty, take care of your sister. I'll be there in five." The call just ended after their exchanges of affirmation.

"Oh, ingatan mo raw ako, big sissy!" Jetty teases, emphasizing the latter word.

Letty rolled her eyes. "Limang minuto lang naman ang tanda ko sa'yo, duh!"

"But still, mas matanda ka pa rin." She then cling to her. "Labyo so much."

"Yeah, I know." Letty smiles at her as she takes her twin sister's hands. They both run towards the empty shed hand-in-hand. They soon realize that the clouds above were too thick now and it synced perfectly with Mr. Carl Lumaria's personal diary; it is heavy and maybe the clouds wanted to weep for the raven-haired man too.

 Carl Lumaria's personal diary; it is heavy and maybe the clouds wanted to weep for the raven-haired man too