Echoes of the Past

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roan Academy- Student Council Office

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cale Henituse is odd. Well, he would have been reasonably described as trash or useless; however, in the past few days, he has been doing things that are outside of his normal reputation. Alberu let out a sigh as he glanced over the paperwork that lay in front of him. The academy year has just started, and in 5 days, Cale Henituse has passed out twice, won over some commoners' favor, and somehow got a lifeless tree to come back to life. Did Cale somehow win the deity's blessing? No, why would the deities like a trash son of a count?

Whatever, he will stress about Cale and what he does later, or else the third prince will have something to hold over him if he does not get his paperwork done. He let out another sigh as he started to do the paperwork. Sometimes he wishes he was not the Crown Prince. Something tells him that Cale will be the end of him, or worse, give him headaches.

Somewhere in Roan Academy, someone let out a sneeze, wondering who would think about him this late.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roan Academy- A Random Tearoom

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cale wanted to kill himself as he let out another bloody cough. His life is just getting worse as people come up to him with baskets of fruit and their artificial smiles and gossip. He let out a wheeze as he looked at the academy newspaper that lay in front of him. All of the blood that he has coughed up has been cleaned up by Ron. Well, it makes sense since he is a former assassin. However, it is odd how an assassin comes to work for a count in the quiet northeast. Ugh. Cale will worry about that later.

Ron is the definition of a flawless butler. He possessed a regal presence, always adorned in a crisply pressed ebony suit, complete with a pristine white shirt and a perfectly knotted tie. Half of his hair has gone white with age, and his green, cold-brown eyes seem warm and kind enough.

"Young master. Your father is asking for your presence," Ron said as he carefully poured lemon tea into a gleaming silver teacup.

Cale can only nod at what Ron is saying. He feels more exhausted, as if the world is putting all its weight on him. Could this be the side effect of not being this body's original soul, or could it be something from the system or something wrong with the original soul? Ugh, this headache is killing him. He let out another sigh before turning to look Ron in the eyes.

"My father worried too much; honestly, I am fine. But if it will lessen his worry for me, I will head back to the manor." Cale said before turning to look out the window.

The window overlooks a serene garden, abundant with vibrant flowers in full bloom. A delicate breeze rustles the leaves of the tall, swaying sessile oak trees that provide shade and shelter. Sunlight bathes the garden, casting a warm glow on everything it touches. The world seems so peaceful, but Cale feels so tired.

"Ron. Please write and send a letter to my father, telling him I will visit the manor when the parent visit comes around," Cale said as he picked up the teacup, taking a sip of the bitter lemon tea. He tried his best not to make a face as the bitterness of the lemon hit his tongue.

As Cale took another sip of his tea. In the corner of his eyes, he glimpsed a group of students engaged in lively conversation under a nearby cherry blossom tree. Their laughter and smiles created a festive atmosphere, a stark contrast to the weariness he felt. He longed to join them, to feel the carefree joy that seemed so far away. Cale let out another sigh. He doubts that Ron would let him go out after all; he did faint when Ron should have kept a keen eye on him.