Chapter 24

"Heya, Rehan bro.", Armaan said while rushing to Rehan.

"Hey Armaan, so so so good to see you. How did you make it possible here? You were not free?", Rehan was also too happy to see his best friend here.

"I was not but... What is more important is that I'm here. The media is standing out to talk to you, I told them that I will send you out in a few minutes.", he told him. "Hey Ananya, it's so good to see you."

"Hi Armaan, welcome to my house.", I told giving him a hug.

"Listen, I have something really important to talk to you but Rehan should not come to know about it.", he spoke in my ears, making sure Rehan doesn't hear it."

"Oh my god, fishy fishy stuff, secrets and all.", I said winking.

"Come Ananya, out to talk to media."

"Me? Why me? You go. I'll get the work done here."

"No, you are the host tonight. Come.", he said widening his eyes.

"Go Ananya, just go.", Armaan said pushing me towards the door.

As both of us opened the door and stepped out, there was an ocean of photographers, so much of light, over 50 journalists and I was still unaware about why was I here. Both of us posed for photographs. I hope they don't create controversy about the new girl in Rehan's life. And then Rehan went to talk to them and I came back inside the house.

That's when Armaan came to me.

"Ananya, please help me out on this, please."

"What?", I asked him.

"You must be knowing that every year on new year's eve Rehan's family has a family dinner and at no cost any member misses that. It's been a tradition that his great grandfather had started and everyone in the family respects that and it is carried on. And as there are very few days left for new year's, His mom wants him not to miss it because of certain petty reasons. Family is family afterall."

"I know about the tradition, but how do you want me to act in this situation? What should I do? As in it is his family thing. Why are you telling me this?", both of us walk in and out of the living area just looking for last minute preparations for the party.

"I want you to tell him to go back home. He is too dependent on you here in New York. He is living here as if he doesn't have a life beyond this. You have to tell him to leave.", he tells me as arranging the chairs.

"You want me to tell him to get out of my house?", I exclaimed.

"No, I want you to tell him to go back to India at least for this dinner. It has emotions of all his family members attached to it."

"So why doesn't his family contact him directly?"

"Rehan's mom tried but he said he needs time and he didn't pick up his father's call, knowing how afraid he is of the father. So aunty has told me to tell you to do this. Send him back home at least for some days. Here she wants to talk to you.", he gives me the phone with Rehan's mom on the other side.

I spoke to her and told her I will try my best but can't promise anything. She said it was his grandfather's wish to see Rehan at the dinner.

Within minutes all the guests started appearing. Also Rehan came in after a long talk with the media.

"Rehan.", I called out for him from the other side of the room. "Rehan."

"Yes, my hostess for the party. What can I do for you?", he says taking a bow.