Epilogue

William and I celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary today. We have a wonderful life together. We rarely argue, and we laugh together all the time. There's no one else we would rather spend time with than each other.

I still get butterflies when he walks in the front door after work or calls me. He still makes me feel like the only woman in the room. His emerald green eyes will always be my favorite part of him. He has kept true to his word on our honeymoon, keeping me very happy for 25 years of our marriage.

Today, our two children, Aaron and Bricole, are throwing us an anniversary party. Our parents, Chris, Diana, and their girls, are all present.

After Diana graduated, Chris and she moved back to Crystal Lake, and they now live a mile from us. The four of us have remained best friends, vacationing at our beach house and their cabin in the woods.

They have three girls. Ashton is the same age as Aaron, Mandy is Bricole's age, and Healy is the youngest by two years.

William's dad retired, and now William runs the store. I've been teaching 2nd grade at Crystal Lake Elementary since graduating college.

Our son, Aaron, is attending Centerville Business School. William is grooming him to take over the family business someday, just like his father did for him.

Our daughter, Bricole, just graduated from North High. She'll attend Downingville University in the fall to become a special education teacher.

We're so proud of our children, each following our footsteps.

The party is in full swing when Aaron begins to play Just Between You and Me by April Wine on his phone. Our children have heard our love story many times, and they remembered that our first dance was to this song and had been "our" song ever since.

William comes over and takes me into his arms. We dance as we sing the lyrics, getting lost in each other's eyes.

After our dance, William whispers, "I'm more in love with you now than I ever thought possible."

I look into his sparkling green eyes and smile. "You're my everything. I wouldn't change one second of our lives together."

He squeezes me tighter. "I can't wait to see what the next 25 years have in store for us."

I smile broadly. "Me too! I love you, Mr. Hammond."

"I love you too, Mrs. Hammond," he responds as he kisses my forehead.

He then captures my lips with a loving yet passionate kiss. It's still just as magical to us as our first kiss was the first time on the pier at the lake.

"Get a room," Diana said with a smirk.

"Later," we say in unison as we laugh, enjoying our happily ever after.

A/N: Thank you for taking the time to read my story

❤️❤️ My real-life "William." ❤️❤️