Chapter 6 * The Decision

William's lips crash onto mine, and a shiver rushes down my spine

William's lips crash onto mine, and a shiver rushes down my spine. This kiss is somehow different.

I feel him giving me all of him, and he wants all of me, so I surrender fully.

Our kiss is nowhere near gentle. As our tongues wrestle for dominance, William wraps his long fingers through my hair and grasps what he can while pulling my head back. He kisses his way down from my mouth, along the tender skin of my neck till he reaches my shoulder, then does the same to the other side before retaking possession of my lips. If it weren't for his grip on my hair and his arm holding me against him, I would collapse into a heap with my body melting under his touch.

I'm unsure where I got the strength, but I regretfully pull away from his lips, panting, "I have to text Chris to let him know you're okay, and you need to call your dad. He's worried sick about you."

William releases my hair and runs his hands through his already messed-up hair. "Damn, I wasn't thinking straight since last night."

William releases me and steps away to call his dad while I text Chris.

Hey Chris. William's fine. He was at the lake, and we're going to hang out together. He'll call you later.

His reply is quick.

Thanks, Nicole. Would you please make sure he lets his dad know that he's okay?

I respond, letting Chris know that William is calling his dad now.

I hear the end of William's conversation with his dad.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm sorry that I worried you. Thanks for giving me tonight off work. See you at home. Bye, Dad."

He looks at me with a sheepish grin and winks. "Looks like I'm all yours tonight."

I smirk. "Whatever shall we do?"

He draws me into his chest. "I have an idea. Let's run into town, grab food, and return for a picnic at our favorite spot."

Hearing his heart beating as my head rests against his chest, I sigh. "That sounds perfect."

He takes my hand, brings it to his lips, and kisses the back of it. Trembling from his touch makes me realize the power he has over me. I need to be careful, or my self-imposed promises will break. Although, I think I could love this guy.

We head into town and go to the drive-through window at McDonald's. We get chicken sandwiches, fries, and a drink, then head back to the lake.

On the way, I text my mom that I won't be home for dinner. I also let her know everything is good with William and that I'll explain when I get home.

When we return to the lake, we grab the blanket and head to "our" spot. William spreads the blanket down, and then we sit and enjoy dinner together.

After we eat, we lay back on the blanket. It's getting dark, and I lay my head on William's chest. He wraps his arm around me and pulls me close. We watch the sparkling stars against the navy blue sky till William peacefully falls asleep.